cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
No drumroll necessary, haha. Last month I drove 8 hours to St. Louis and about half way there I decided I was going to start looking for a daily driver replacement of my Si. Don't get me wrong, the Si is THE best value in it's class for the price and with the few little mods I've done, it's plenty of fun day to day.....but on longer trips for a guy in his 40s, it's not as comfortable as I would like. Plus, this puts me closer to my goal of having a nice smooth daily driver I could drive indefinitely and then buying a "drive on nice days only" pure fun car (probably a Miata).

I will be converting the car back to 100% stock (aside from the Michelin PS4S tires, window tint, and window chrome delete) to sell it. Since the weather here in Georgia has cooled down a bit I still plan on doing a dyno with my mods on a 60-70 degree day just prior to going back to stock to sell the parts and eventually the car.

Meet my Lexus GS350 F Sport. For my purposes, it's a fantastic car for the way I drive 99.9999999% of the time. The only point where I miss the Si is when it comes time to fill up with premium gas....ouch - 38-40mpg in the Si vs 19mph in the GS so far. Lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen Meet my 2020 Si's replacement...... 48B9877A-58A7-4336-95C4-BE58012E1A73
Sponsored

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
I understand Toyota builds durable automatic transmissions. Was that part of your decision process?
Looks like a great upgrade choice!

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I understand Toyota builds durable automatic transmissions. Was that part of your decision process?
Looks like a great upgrade choice!
Going to an automatic was a part of it as driving in the city of Atlanta with a manual can be frustrating at times. The bigger consideration was I just wanted something smoother/nicer for daily driving and longer trips on the interstate. During my last trip in the Si I found myself shifting in the seat every few minutes trying to find a comfortable sweet spot; the lack of lumbar support was killing me.

Again, the Si is a great car. It's arguably the best in its class, but I wanted to explore a different class car that fits me better.

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Congratulations on the GS! Good, luxurious and sporty sedan. Being in my early 40's I think of midsized luxury sports sedan for my next car. I know I will miss the stick, but time to time I do miss RWD:)

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congratulations on the GS! Good, luxurious and sporty sedan. Being in my early 40's I think of midsized luxury sports sedan for my next car. I know I will miss the stick, but time to time I do miss RWD:)
It certainly is a different experience driving the GS vs the Si for sure. The N/A V6 sound of the GS is fantastic though. I'm super happy to own this car and look forward to the Spring when I add another purely fun car to the stable.

In a couple of weeks when I have time to take the Si to the dealership to be put back to stock I'll be selling the following so if anyone is interested in "pre-buying":

*Ktuner V2 with Phearable Stage Tune (Not the God Mode)

*PRL Intercooler with Chargepipe Upgrade

*27WON CAI

I'll be selling the car once it's back to stock with, at that time, probably a hair under 10K miles for $21,000 firm. It still still have the following on it:

*Xpel XR Prime Plus Ceramic Tint 35% on the sides and rears and 70% on the windshield

*Professionally vinyl wrapped chrome window trim delete

*Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires with approx 8k miles on them at time of sale

*Professionally detailed recently - full paint correction and ceramic paint coating

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
It certainly is a different experience driving the GS vs the Si for sure. The N/A V6 sound of the GS is fantastic though. I'm super happy to own this car and look forward to the Spring when I add another purely fun car to the stable.

In a couple of weeks when I have time to take the Si to the dealership to be put back to stock I'll be selling the following so if anyone is interested in "pre-buying":

*Ktuner V2 with Phearable Stage Tune (Not the God Mode)

*PRL Intercooler with Chargepipe Upgrade

*27WON CAI

I'll be selling the car once it's back to stock with, at that time, probably a hair under 10K miles for $21,000 firm. It still still have the following on it:

*Xpel XR Prime Plus Ceramic Tint 35% on the sides and rears and 70% on the windshield

*Professionally vinyl wrapped chrome window trim delete

*Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires with approx 8k miles on them at time of sale

*Professionally detailed recently - full paint correction and ceramic paint coating
Make sure you list the parts in the Classified Section. I had a chance to buy the 1st Generation Hybrid GS back in '06; think it was '07 Model. To my surprise the car was sporty with good pick up. My heart was set on the then new V-10 M5. Should have bought the Lexus and kept my '00 Trans Am WS.6 has the weekend toy.

Enjoy the Lexus!

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! Those Lexus's are great cars. I almost pulled the trigger on an IS350 F-Sport RWD before I bought my Si (had a deposit on one and everything), but decided that I wanted another 6mt.

I totally get switching to a more comfortable daily. I would consider an auto in the future and keeping a car with MT to play with on the weekends!

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
No drumroll necessary, haha. Last month I drove 8 hours to St. Louis and about half way there I decided I was going to start looking for a daily driver replacement of my Si. Don't get me wrong, the Si is THE best value in it's class for the price and with the few little mods I've done, it's plenty of fun day to day.....but on longer trips for a guy in his 40s, it's not as comfortable as I would like. Plus, this puts me closer to my goal of having a nice smooth daily driver I could drive indefinitely and then buying a "drive on nice days only" pure fun car (probably a Miata).

I will be converting the car back to 100% stock (aside from the Michelin PS4S tires, window tint, and window chrome delete) to sell it. Since the weather here in Georgia has cooled down a bit I still plan on doing a dyno with my mods on a 60-70 degree day just prior to going back to stock to sell the parts and eventually the car.

Meet my Lexus GS350 F Sport. For my purposes, it's a fantastic car for the way I drive 99.9999999% of the time. The only point where I miss the Si is when it comes time to fill up with premium gas....ouch - 38-40mpg in the Si vs 19mph in the GS so far. Lol.

48B9877A-58A7-4336-95C4-BE58012E1A73.jpeg
Damn that’s a nice ride!

Enjoy your new whip! Gl with selling all your mods. The bright side is that people on here (including myself) are constantly trying to buy used mods for a good deal. I’m sure you’ll have no trouble there.

Any thoughts on mods for the GS?

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Damn that’s a nice ride!

Enjoy your new whip! Gl with selling all your mods. The bright side is that people on here (including myself) are constantly trying to buy used mods for a good deal. I’m sure you’ll have no trouble there.

Any thoughts on mods for the GS?
No mods planned for the GS aside from my usual cosmetic/care stuff - Xpel ceramic tint, paint protection film on the front bumper, detailing/ceramic coating. The beauty of this car, for me, is that it's a brilliant car stock and will allow me to enjoy it as such eventually focusing on a second pure fun car I can modify.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gorgeous. The GS350 F sport is something I wish I could afford but alas I can’t (don’t get me started on the GS F too). Enjoy it!

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think that car matches your persona better than a CIvic Si.
I agree! I'm glad you get that! The Si is great and it would have been ideal for me if I were in my mid-20s again.

Bennett_Rx

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Congrats on the new purchase! I’ve been following your dyno thread as time permits, haha!

I’m in south Atlanta (McDonough), and may potentially be interested in some of the part out. I’ll be keeping an eye out!

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congrats on the new purchase! I’ve been following your dyno thread as time permits, haha!

I’m in south Atlanta (McDonough), and may potentially be interested in some of the part out. I’ll be keeping an eye out!
DM me and let's work it out! Haha. It'll be going back to stock at the very end of this month at Hennessy Honda (in Woodstock).

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For those that are potentially interested, I'll be listing the performance parts for Pre-Sale in the classifieds sub-forum now.
Sponsored