Mazdaspeed 3 is a possibility again

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
  • The U.K. publication Autocarreports, and we've also confirmed with Mazda sources, that the company is seriously considering a high-performance hot hatch based on the Mazda 3.
  • The car would likely be powered by Mazda's 250-hp turbocharged 2.5-liter inline-4, along with the all-wheel-drive system that is already available in the newest 3.
  • Mazda revealed that its planners and executives are listening to feedback from Mazda fans; public reaction to the idea could be decisive.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27127908/mazda-considers-mazdaspeed-3-hot-hatch/
Sponsored

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
that would be kind of cool. although ive never been a fan of the looks of those cars..

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
It's always been in the cards for Mazda, despite conflicting reports. Their primary goal was their Skyactiv powertrain development. And they allocated all available resources to getting that it out the door. Now that it's in circulation, they can allocate a few resources to other projects. :cool:

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Glad this turned up ... I called Mazda USA last night and spoke with Ollie ... we had a great conversation but in the end he concluded he had about 3 calls like mine all year long and the car if built would be in Europe and NOT in the USA. Bottom line he tried to sell me on the excitement I should have for the small SUV model ... A bunch of bull shit. It's just not going to happen and even worse right on the heals of the 6 loosing manual drive.

Konos44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si
Country flag
Would love to see the Mazdaspeed sub-brand back. I've always really liked those cars. I worry about what they would cost though and how much of a market there would be for them. More cars in this segment NEVER hurts car enthusiasts though!
Sponsored