Maybe the touch screen climate control isn't so bad.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
So I tried changing temp while actually having the Climate screen on.

This was the result.

Direction of air is totally linked to temperature.

Mind you anything below 21° is freezing! :D
Sponsored

Charley-TX

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
But there is full manual control. I had go out and look.
When you hit the climate button you have the option to manually direct ar to dash, feet, split to dahs/feet and to the window.
You also have the choice to run A/C or not even when you select window it lets you turn off A/C and have the air go to the window.
Some cars don't' let you turn off A/C with window air.
YOu can also select recirc for any setting including window.
And you have a full range of temperatures.

I would say you pretty much have full control of things the same way as a manual control car. Except...
The only thing you can't do is set the heat/cool temp door to one fixed position other than full cold (lo)or full hot (hi). any other temp setting in between will be varied by the car to maintain that temp. YOu also can not control manually door blend with feet to dash slipt, BUT in auto, I think it will do it for you, it will do partial blend.

My last other 3 cars (GM car and a truck and a honda HR-V) were touch screen, so I am used to it and actually like it.
Having separate buttons for each climate control function on the dash (beside the radio) is really just clutter. Now it is all on one screen. I like it.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
Given how detailed the Odometer screen is.

You would think the Climate screen would be as equally detailed with like, outside temp, inside temp etc haha.

I guess people would get confused as to what they had the actual temp set to.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Outside temperature is shown under the speedometer. Pretty much how I gauge the auto setting.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think there is -- it's just arrived at gradually (by tweaking each setting at a time), instead of pushing one single button. Call it "eventually-full-manual mode" :)
There is one thing you cannot fully change though,at least on my civic. If I want the air temp coming out at 72 degrees no matter what and set it there, it will blow colder when it's warm, and warmer if its cold. It always adjusts to the cabin temp instead of coming out of the vent at the temp i set and want it to be.

OP
OP

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Can't you just punch the recirculation button rather than turn down the temp to force a recirculation?

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Would you believe me if I told you that the famous "greenhouse effect" is not playing any noticeable role here, and your car could be even hotter inside if it was just a sheet metal tent without any windows?
Meh. Either way, just being out in the sun heats it up, so just because the weather is chilly outside doesn't mean the car will stay cold inside.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
There is one thing you cannot fully change though,at least on my civic. If I want the air temp coming out at 72 degrees no matter what and set it there, it will blow colder when it's warm, and warmer if its cold. It always adjusts to the cabin temp instead of coming out of the vent at the temp i set and want it to be.
Well to be fair to the Civic, I don't think there's a single car out there with an "automatic AC" in which the temperature you set is that of the air you want it to blow... It's always the desired cabin temperature, no matter how 'fully-manual' their manual mode may be.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I don’t think you understand how HVAC systems work. The air doesn’t come out the temperature you select it simply pushes cold or warm air to reach the temperature you select.

The system in your Home works the same way.

OP
OP

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
I don’t think you understand how HVAC systems work. The air doesn’t come out the temperature you select it simply pushes cold or warm air to reach the temperature you select.

The system in your Home works the same way.
Not exactly. In my split ductless unit at home on heat mode, it when I set it for 75, it has the ability to blow air that's around 75. But that's because the compressor is driven by an inverter motor.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well to be fair to the Civic, I don't think there's a single car out there with an "automatic AC" in which the temperature you set is that of the air you want it to blow... It's always the desired cabin temperature, no matter how 'fully-manual' their manual mode may be.
This is the first car ever had with the auto climate control, or that displayed actual temp numbers, I'm.coming from the old red /blue blend knob,so I guess I just was expecting manual mode to be exactly that, although it isn't with any of the new cars , my last car was overc 20 year-old lol

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, is there a sensor for each half of the car since it has dual zone climate control?? If I have my side set at 72 and the passenger side set at 65, is it blowing out whatever temp on each side trying to reach ride temps on each side of the cabin?

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
So, is there a sensor for each half of the car since it has dual zone climate control?? If I have my side set at 72 and the passenger side set at 65, is it blowing out whatever temp on each side trying to reach ride temps on each side of the cabin?
Good one... I never really understood how that one works. Or how useful it is, for that matter -- it's a very small space and I'd imagine convection would negate any attempts to have two distinct temperatures in the cabin. My guess is there's one internal sensor and in dual mode it's shooting for the average temp. And the only usefulness of it is that you can change the temperature of the air on your side, if it's too cold/hot blowing in your face or at your feet.
But that's a speculation, so would be interesting to know what's really going on there; hopefully someone in-the-know will share...
Sponsored