Maybe the touch screen climate control isn't so bad.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
It has two sensors one in each zone, but it also can regulate the temperature of the air coming out of the vents. It's not like it can only blow the coldest and the hottest air. It will do just that if the temperature deviation from the setpoint is extreme. As the temperature of the sensors approaches the setpoint, the temperature going out of the vents will be such as needed to maintain the setpoint given the outside weather conditions (usually not identical to setpoint, but not the coldest or hottest it can make.)
For example, if you set 70 F and it's 75 no sun outside, the air from the vents will be quite close to 70 F. But if it's 100 F and full sun on outside, the air from the vents will have to be much colder to maintain the same 70 F setting.
So it actually can do the same thing you should do in a manual AC older car.
Also remember that the ECON button affects how climate control works.
Sponsored

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
Mute mutton is at the bottom of the on screen volume level indicator. When it pops up on the screen it’s at the bottom.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
Mute mutton is at the bottom of the on screen volume level indicator. When it pops up on the screen it’s at the bottom.
I think you will find its the number of "presses" it takes to get to the mute button that is what annoys people. A faster method is is to just use the down arrow on the left side of the steering wheel. This will switch to Audio Apps when your listening to Android Auto / Car Play. To which there are no audio apps so it just mutes. Then pressing up will take you back to AA and the music will start playing again.

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
I think you will find its the number of "presses" it takes to get to the mute button that is what annoys people. A faster method is is to just use the down arrow on the left side of the steering wheel. This will switch to Audio Apps when your listening to Android Auto / Car Play. To which there are no audio apps so it just mutes. Then pressing up will take you back to AA and the music will start playing again.
Yeah. I don’t use it either. If I ever need to mute the audio I’m always in a place where I just use the power button. It is a pain to hit that mute button. There’s no point to it even being there. I just noticed it yesterday.

OP
OP

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
That's actually a really good idea.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I think you will find its the number of "presses" it takes to get to the mute button that is what annoys people.
That's exactly it. "Where's the mute button?" is not a question that should need to be asked. When you're driving, if you can't see a control, it's not there.
Sponsored