Maybe Hondata could make an ECO tune?

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
So I am new to the tuning thing. But, I have noticed as fun as a tune is and all the sound and going fast and RRAAWWRRR. Some times like for long distance trips maybe a little less is better? I was curious I know we are all trying to make our Rs faster and more powerful but was curious if maybe @Hondata might look into making a more calming fuel efficient base tune to go along with comfort mode for those long distance rides where you just wanna sit back and relax . One that isn't about top end performance but about the most comfortable fuel efficient comfort mode we can get to just you know relax and drive.

Anyone else interested in this? Gotta remember IM a newb and to have a included base map that does this would be great.
Sponsored

TonyG-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You could always return the tune to stock for the trip, then flash it back. These tuners are for performance gains, not so much for saving fuel. You could get a custom tune and see what your tuner can come up with, but going back stock would probably be your best bet.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You could always return the tune to stock for the trip, then flash it back. These tuners are for performance gains, not so much for saving fuel. You could get a custom tune and see what your tuner can come up with, but going back stock would probably be your best bet.
Theres that and yes i know they tune for top performance but was just curious if a tune could be made to get ultimate economy.. hell why not? I know im not only one who would use it long distance on highway.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
you can technically make it run leaner by adjusting the af cmd.
but this car already targets stoich anything under like 4k rpm so it probably won't make too much of a difference.

you can also limit air charge so your not making a lot of power or adjust the torque tables so you don't hit high air charge.

The problem is that the car cannot store 2 diff "tunes". What if you are on the lean and limited air charge map and you run into a situation where you needed power for any reason? you wouldn't have it.

best bet would be to just dumb down the throttle response in comfort mode.

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's a fairly good summary. There is no silver bullet which improves fuel consumption - everything needs to run a stoichiometric, and cam / ignition etc are optimized already. Even running leaner in you can then you get fairly small gains. On a turbo car you can reduce boost so you could just lower the torque values for comfort mode, but comfort mode sucks enough already.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's a fairly good summary. There is no silver bullet which improves fuel consumption - everything needs to run a stoichiometric, and cam / ignition etc are optimized already. Even running leaner in you can then you get fairly small gains. On a turbo car you can reduce boost so you could just lower the torque values for comfort mode, but comfort mode sucks enough already.
Thanks for reply, like i said i don't know much about this so figured didn't hurt to pose the question.

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
The factory tune would be the eco tune, you could technically lean the car out just a little but in long trips will generate lots of heat and potential knock, it's not worth risking. The factory tune is the most reliable and fuel efficient combo you'll find, honda put work into it, the higher the mpg rating on the car the less taxes they have to pay but it also has to be reliable as well so they can keep their reputation and keep selling cars

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
So I am new to the tuning thing. But, I have noticed as fun as a tune is and all the sound and going fast and RRAAWWRRR. Some times like for long distance trips maybe a little less is better? I was curious I know we are all trying to make our Rs faster and more powerful but was curious if maybe @Hondata might look into making a more calming fuel efficient base tune to go along with comfort mode for those long distance rides where you just wanna sit back and relax . One that isn't about top end performance but about the most comfortable fuel efficient comfort mode we can get to just you know relax and drive.

Anyone else interested in this? Gotta remember IM a newb and to have a included base map that does this would be great.
I've stumbled on this but idk if I trust the company. They have an eco map but only about 5percent more efficient.
https://www.vividracing.com/tuned-e...yper-gen-fk8-20l-turbo-320hp-p-152489073.html
Sponsored