First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How does the car deal with that additional power in terms of traction issues? Or are you using the additional power when you car already has full traction (so basically top of 2nd + 3rd and beyond)?
I chose slightly wider tires (245/30-20 ET60 stock to 255/35-19 on ET41 TSWs) to help traction and handling the extra power. Also tried to minimize moving from stock slight neg scrub radius to low to mod-teens positive scrub radius without spacers or needing camber help yet stay flush tuck and found good combo without compromise.. Thereā€™s some oversteer that increases with rpms in turns. Straight lines or street, you have to watch for slicker things like crosswalks from stops and it can spin without screaming in first three gears. Find myself using the extra torque to not use first gear as much unless full stop, Cali rolling stops are gutsy in second compared to RC off. There are immediate gains that arenā€™t and diff than other tunes in other R cars Iā€™ve ridden in, one this past weekend had more pronounced turbo lag then rush. It seems smoother across band than that (H-tune, not stock but not sure which one was in use either).
Getting on It hard in first just gets you to redline without really going very fast, wheelspin likely, second better but on street, third is lively and capable for 90 degree routine turns to super speed bet you canā€™t catch me all the way to rev limit but you donā€™t gain much but dB at the top end.

Fun per dollar, I donā€™t think this RC tune can be beat for R owners who safely want better than stock broad band gains but dont want to have to be a have a tuner PhD, thatā€™s me.

Honda Civic 10th gen Max horsepower 00951FD6-85C3-44CB-AB45-02019770AEB0

Honda Civic 10th gen Max horsepower C7A893BA-8DB1-4566-ACB4-A550CE235482

Last edited:

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In the end I started with a tune and a CAI. With the additional updates Iā€™ll post next month after returning to the dyno tuning in my areas warmest temperatures I truly have made the car every bit better. I donā€™t have to worry about California law or MPG or corporate agendas, Iā€™ve been able to make a better Type-R in the end. Everyone makes different choices to suit our personal tastes. Nothing is really done wrong itā€™s just different. For me thereā€™s nothing like seeing someone in a ZL1 Rev up on the highway and the look on their face as the black chrome CIVIC badge pulls away from them. ? The breaking necks is priceless...

Mat8754

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
In the end I started with a tune and a CAI. With the additional updates Iā€™ll post next month after returning to the dyno tuning in my areas warmest temperatures I truly have made the car every bit better. I donā€™t have to worry about California law or MPG or corporate agendas, Iā€™ve been able to make a better Type-R in the end. Everyone makes different choices to suit our personal tastes. Nothing is really done wrong itā€™s just different. For me thereā€™s nothing like seeing someone in a ZL1 Rev up on the highway and the look on their face as the black chrome CIVIC badge pulls away from them. ? The breaking necks is priceless...
I assume you can only mean the Camaro ZL1 here, and if that's the case a type r will never pull away from... You realize it has 650 hp right?... Lol

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I assume you can only mean the Camaro ZL1 here, and if that's the case a type r will never pull away from... You realize it has 650 hp right?... Lol
Indeed I do mean the ZL1 Camaro which also weighs over 1000lbs more than my car.

Mat8754

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Indeed I do mean the ZL1 Camaro which also weighs over 1000lbs more than my car.
Okay let's do some quick math, say you are getting 370hp to the wheels (you aren't, without bolt ons at least) and let's say a weight of 3200, this makes about 8.4 pounds per HP. The ZL1 let's say it makes 550 to the wheels with 15 percent drive train loss, in reality the whp is higher, 4200 pounds makes about 7.6 or so pounds per HP. These are rough calculations highly in favor of the type R and there's still no way you're pulling on any ZL1 lol. If you think otherwise you are delusional.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay let's do some quick math, say you are getting 370hp to the wheels (you aren't, without bolt ons at least) and let's say a weight of 3200, this makes about 8.4 pounds per HP. The ZL1 let's say it makes 550 to the wheels with 15 percent drive train loss, in reality the whp is higher, 4200 pounds makes about 7.6 or so pounds per HP. These are rough calculations highly in favor of the type R and there's still no way you're pulling on any ZL1 lol. If you think otherwise you are delusional.
You have me confused with someone else. I am pushing much more than that. You may have read @RepyT's post?

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
V,
Great visual, you have a fine build and it works best FL or you, for ZL1, WTH was that was probably uttered.

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 FK8, ā€˜19 XC60 R-Design, ā€˜17 ZL1, ā€˜02 SS
Country flag
An auto/convertible may weigh close to that but a manual/coupe is SEVERAL hundred pounds less than youā€™re saying.

Dude, I donā€™t care if youā€™re making 500whp, which youā€™re not. Youā€™re not ā€œpulling awayā€ from a stock 6th gen ZL1. Maybe a 5th gen.
I have a manual coupe and Iā€™ve argued with someone on here that a FBO/Tuned R will hang with a ZL1 from a roll. Pull away? Sorry, but no.

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No problem man. :)
Guys, calm down? Weā€™re all in violent agreement in this fictitious event that Iā€™m the loser, no wait, not going to win. I can mess with non-ZL1 Camaroā€™s, maybe beat crappy driver Mustang GTā€™s and perhaps only the V6 or smaller V8 Challenger. Even then at just over 9 lbs/hp in race mode. Cool part is I can get 28 mpg or more anytime but then in Econ mode and still have 42 hp more than stock avail. All at fingers reach. I currently have my three modes as setting 2, 4, 6.
Wait for me at the overpass?

Honda Civic 10th gen Max horsepower 8D616239-D1FC-4FED-AF2F-8583D5FEC702

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
An auto/convertible may weigh close to that but a manual/coupe is SEVERAL hundred pounds less than youā€™re saying.

Dude, I donā€™t care if youā€™re making 500whp, which youā€™re not. Youā€™re not ā€œpulling awayā€ from a stock 6th gen ZL1. Maybe a 5th gen.
I have a manual coupe and Iā€™ve argued with someone on here that a FBO/Tuned R will hang with a ZL1 from a roll. Pull away? Sorry, but no.
Yes I pulled several lengths before we slowed..

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You are correct! My apologies!
Not that itā€™d ever be sustainable but Peak/Max dyno readings tune only were 440hp, 447 Ft/lbs torque. The safety margin of 7 (highest for Race mode) is at 366.8 is 83 percent of max, and at Setting 3 (Econ) at 327.7 hp, 74.5% of max.
Note the flexibility on the fly? 7x3 vehicle modes=21 so RC offers a respectable kick stock R butt yet customized tailorable good view of you guys after smoke has cleared, Iā€™m ok with that.

Last edited:

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I donā€™t mean any disrespect, but it isnā€™t happening. Sorry.

If you said an SS, I could see it. Maybe it was a badged, bumpered SS.
I donā€™t mean any disrespect, but it isnā€™t happening. Sorry.

If you said an SS, I could see it. Maybe it was a badged, bumpered SS.
Video or it didn't happen. A stock 6th gen zl1 runs low 11's at nearly 130 mph stock.
Sponsored