Max horsepower

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 FK8, ‘19 XC60 R-Design, ‘17 ZL1, ‘02 SS
Country flag
Not that it’d ever be sustainable but Peak/Max dyno readings tune only were 440hp, 447 Ft/lbs torque. The safety margin of 7 (highest for Race mode) is at 366.8 is 83 percent of max, and at Setting 3 (Econ) at 327.7 hp, 74.5% of max.
Note the flexibility on the fly? 7x3 vehicle modes=21 so RC offers a respectable kick stock R butt yet customized tailorable good view of you guys after smoke has cleared, I’m ok with that.

Honda Civic 10th gen Max horsepower 18639CD6-533B-4361-9563-6C106065035C
Sponsored

SpicyMcFatburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1976 Datsun 280Z
Country flag
All of this talk is pointless without proper dyno sheets (with smoothing factor, weight, etc.) and trap speeds. Otherwise, it's all bench racing. Period

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All of this talk is pointless without proper dyno sheets (with smoothing factor, weight, etc.) and trap speeds. Otherwise, it's all bench racing. Period
I’ll have two SpicyMcFatbugers to go please! Well put.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don’t mean any disrespect, but it isn’t happening. Sorry.

If you said an SS, I could see it. Maybe it was a badged, bumpered SS.
None taken. I have a 1500ho GT-R (no reason to claim it in my CTR if it didn’t happen the GT-R destroys both) I’ve seen cars on you tube barely beat new SS without upgraded Hondata fuel systems. Just a couple bolt ons and tuned but they only get a couple lengths ahead. BTW my tune on my profile is not current I’m pushing more I won’t ever show my current tune always the prior tune I’ve met a couple people and talk to a few here IRL, that was the prior tune. Set for more work and full on summer day of dyno tuning in 3 weeks. My garage pics are sorely out of date also. I will update next month after the work: I’d like to get to SEMA 2020 with it if we actually get a SEMA this year.

By the way how do I change the cars profile I traded in the 2018 Nismo Sentra on a 2020 Altima Platinum VC-TURBO for my daily. I use to see the option to edit in my profile but I am not seeing it now? I only had the Senta 12 months I wanted to wait for the 2nd year of the Altima the 2019 just became available when I picked up the Sentra for the short term to wait for any issues from 2019 to be ironed out of the new Altima.

Honda Civic 10th gen Max horsepower C4FD83F7-DF73-4198-B126-2C093C5CF6B1

Honda Civic 10th gen Max horsepower 1513BF60-8EB6-436B-B975-F271F7BB7F26

Honda Civic 10th gen Max horsepower ADBD7F3A-8D36-4821-A764-4BE71201B8F9

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That Altima interior looks like rather nice place to spend time in, not gonna lie

Looking at your car list, you're a Nissan person I take it?

To edit your car list go to your name in the top right next to your messages, then click Account details.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That Altima interior looks like rather nice place to spend time in, not gonna lie

Looking at your car list, you're a Nissan person I take it?

To edit your car list go to your name in the top right next to your messages, then click Account details.
Correct as my profile says I’ve always been a Nissan fan boy. This car is always shown with the all dark interior and this is the only interior to buy on the Altima. I joined here as the CT-R is tbe 1st brand new Civic I’ve ever purchased, I know the Honda racing heritage as my mom ran an import cart parts wholesale/Retail business For 25 years before retiring. I’ve been around all brands all my life but I truly enjoy my CT-R just as much as my GT-R for completely different reasons. It’s an amazing car for the price even with the price adding upgrades. It may not be a supercar but hit hot hatch? ? ?

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 FK8, ‘19 XC60 R-Design, ‘17 ZL1, ‘02 SS
Country flag
None taken. I have a 1500ho GT-R (no reason to claim it in my CTR if it didn’t happen the GT-R destroys both) I’ve seen cars on you tube barely beat new SS without upgraded Hondata fuel systems. Just a couple bolt ons and tuned but they only get a couple lengths ahead. BTW my tune on my profile is not current I’m pushing more I won’t ever show my current tune always the prior tune I’ve met a couple people and talk to a few here IRL, that was the prior tune. Set for more work and full on summer day of dyno tuning in 3 weeks. My garage pics are sorely out of date also. I will update next month after the work: I’d like to get to SEMA 2020 with it if we actually get a SEMA this year.
I’m sorry, man. I cannot see the fuel system and your super-secret toon taking these cars from barely pulling an SS to putting lengths on ZL1’s.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m sorry, man. I cannot see the fuel system and your super-secret toon taking these cars from barely pulling an SS to putting lengths on ZL1’s.
I’m talking about completely different levels of car modifications on different cars and different videos in the SS scenario it’s videos of other CTR owners on YouTube with some modifications and tuning vs an SS, not my personal car vs a new convertible ZL1 on a highway roll. not just tuning. I think you are mistaken posts of segments of different information entirely. Have you not looked at fuel system upgrades such Hondata among others? Ethanal 85 or 101 race fuel has solutions has done to these cars with all complimentary efficiency and power upgrades completed? There’s very little information available out there taking things to the level I’m at with the CTR. Most people aren’t going to buy a $45 fully accessorized CTR and void all warranties on a 2019 with 3k miles on it. Think what you will as I said I will have a full update within 4 weeks. Super secret tune? There’s nothing secret about my tune, I just haven’t posted my updated car yet. “Oh Patrick, where did you get that overnight bag?” - J/K love the movie and book.

I’d be glad to share some more data once I finish the summer dyno day next month, and if you are anywhere near me you’d know this is a huge market for supercar and tuner car street racing. There’s all kinds of nice cars completely stock and extremely modified.

GT-R will crush both so why does it matter? I’m still faster and I’m not competing.

Honda Civic 10th gen Max horsepower E0C88F6A-5BBE-4B75-8E01-42E58D233EE1

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
GT-R will crush both so why does it matter? I’m still faster and I’m not competing.

E0C88F6A-5BBE-4B75-8E01-42E58D233EE1.jpeg
Godzilla reigns supreme... damn the launch on that thing must feel violent

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
360 out of an si? I gotta get my numbers up lol
I’ve seen some YT in that range with big turbo kits on E or with methanol, that’s also with a LSD and Clutch/Flywheel from a CTR fitted. Some of the highly modded cars show some outrageous pulls I’ve seen several 500+ on YT on CTRs I just don’t feel comfortable that they are running the car at rounded efficiency all year round for those numbers. I don’t really like to push over 450 WTQ, I worry about internals but I can’t find anyone that bent a rod that wasn’t throwing a bigger turbo on also on stock internals. Motec shows a lot of promise as well. In the end a dyno is a tool, so many factors can effect a similar pull the same car on the same day at similar temps. I think 450ish is the safe range on WTQ so you have the excess for harder driving and gearing.

I’m expecting 450//430 + or minus either side during the summer dyno day which is 517/494 flywheel est. If anyone has suggested settings to try for traction controls on Hondata please feel free to chime in or DM me. You can see my current list of mods in my profile/garage. I really enjoy the Supercars all jacked up on Mt. Dew like a spider monkey. I have seen GT-Rs that are all carbon and decked out 3 times the original price of the car. Running 2500+wheel and would eat mine for lunch in the looks (kept mine as factory finish as possible with JDM accessories. Mines a black edition with the red and black recaro interior with the black carbon wing (1st year the CF came on the car and the 2nd year of the Black Edition.

Honda Civic 10th gen Max horsepower 2B72B7B4-062B-4A2A-9718-A34AA921F08A

Honda Civic 10th gen Max horsepower 127EC5FE-2692-4F0B-82D4-F381CAE66441

Honda Civic 10th gen Max horsepower 5173ED98-576E-44D5-BE78-D99A34B3F461

Honda Civic 10th gen Max horsepower A99394C1-A92B-4E98-85A9-9ECFD67A3185

Honda Civic 10th gen Max horsepower 638179E8-4B8B-41F3-A1F6-1641F785B582

Last edited:

Connorsrandom

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I’ve seen some YT in that range with big turbo kits on E or with methanol, that’s also with a LSD and Clutch/Flywheel from a CTR fitted. Some of the highly modded cars show some outrageous pulls I’ve seen several 500+ on YT on CTRs I just don’t feel comfortable that they are running the car at rounded efficiency all year round for those numbers. I don’t really like to push over 450 WTQ, I worry about internals but I can’t find anyone that bent a rod that wasn’t throwing a bigger turbo on also on stock internals. Motec shows a lot of promise as well. In the end a dyno is a tool, so many factors can effect a similar pull the same car on the same day at similar temps. I think 450ish is the safe range on WTQ so you have the excess for harder driving and gearing.

I’m expecting 450//430 + or minus either side during the summer dyno day which is 517/494 flywheel est. If anyone has suggested settings to try for traction controls on Hondata please feel free to chime in or DM me. You can see my current list of mods in my profile/garage. I really enjoy the Supercars all jacked up on Mt. Dew like a spider monkey. I have seen GT-Rs that are all carbon and decked out 3 times the original price of the car. Running 2500+wheel and would eat mine for lunch in the looks (kept mine as factory finish as possible with JDM accessories. Mines a black edition with the red and black recaro interior with the black carbon wing (1st year the CF came on the car and the 2nd year of the Black Edition.

2B72B7B4-062B-4A2A-9718-A34AA921F08A.jpeg

127EC5FE-2692-4F0B-82D4-F381CAE66441.jpeg

View attachment 228533

5173ED98-576E-44D5-BE78-D99A34B3F461.jpeg
Your GTR looks awesome! I want to get one eventually, but I'm not there yet. As for the 500hp civics, I wonder about the reliability at that level. I daily my civic and obviously want more power but can't afford to be without my car when it's in the shop.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
At the 500whp level I think you’re fine it’s the WTQ you have to think about especially low end, that’s also why it’s so difficult as the only bent rods were on upgraded turbos I can find and the only clutch dump was PRL which admitted to having abused it and then pushed it even harder developing the P600 and burnt the Stock clutch up in the CTR. I would say as long as your tune is efficient and you’re not beating it daily and commuting at normal driving levels you could run high levels. I personally don’t feel a turbo upgrade is worth it until you at least do rods and pistons to really lay some power down. I’ve seen research clips where they say the Type-R has been tested to 800-1000 range with a fully built motor. The problem is I think they are all estimates and Hondata says their kit supports into the 800+ mark. I have honestly really been enjoying the car in the 400-450s. 425-450 is a lot of torque it moves the CTR. The problem with the SI build is your fighting an uphill battle to beat the Type R and the Type R has the same journey up. It all comes down to money, I watch some crazy rich guys at the meets and races and such and they spend money like water and it’s entertaining to see an exotic sorts car taken to the top. The problem I’m having is no ones really “owning” the Type R and taking it to the level I am. Yes some are out there but the 2017/s warranties are just running out and there just isn’t any significant data by anyone to say yeah this works it this doesn’t - largely I think because the data doesn’t exist yet. Like others have said of course it’s to your advantage to say people are bending rods in the 400w when their business is building motors and others to include dealerships with race teams saying 500whp is safe with the appropriate support mods and professional dyno tuning. So we won’t know until people start pushing the limits further, but I think peoples wallet runs out on the CT-R before the desire does for those who would be a current data pool if they could. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Connorsrandom

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
At the 500whp level I think you’re fine it’s the WTQ you have to think about especially low end, that’s also why it’s so difficult as the only broken roads were on upgraded turbos I can find and the only clutch dump was PRL which admitted to having abused it and then pushed it even harder developing the P600 and burnt the Stock clutch up in the CTR. I would say as long as your tune is efficient and you’re not beating it daily and commuting at normal driving levels you could run high levels. I personally don’t feel a turbo upgrade is worth it until you at least do rods and pistons to really lay some power down. I’ve seen research clips where they say the Type-R has been tested to 800-1000 range with a fully built motor. The problem is I think they are all estimates and Hondata says their kit supports into the 800+ mark. I have honestly really been enjoying the car in the 400-450s. 425-450 is a lot of torque it moves the CTR. The problem with the SI build is your fighting an uphill battle to beat the Type R and the Type R has the same journey up. It all comes down to money, I watch some crazy rich guys at the meets and races and such and they spend money like water and it’s entertaining to see an exotic sorts car taken to the top. The problem I’m having is no ones really “owning” the Type R and taking it to the level I am. Yes some are out there but the 2017/s warranties are just running out and there just isn’t any significant data by anyone to say yeah this works it this doesn’t - largely I think because the data doesn’t exist yet. Like others have said of course it’s to your advantage to say people are bending rods in the 400w when their business is building motors and others to include dealerships with race teams saying 500whp is safe with the appropriate support mods and professional dyno tuning. So we won’t know until people start pushing the limits further, but I think peoples wallet runs out on the CT-R before the desire does for those who would be a current data pool if they could. Time will tell.
Yeah I am limited to the fact that I only have $7 and 34 chuck e cheese tickets to support my car habits. Honestly I'm excited to see these rich guys throwing money at their cars just to get the best lap times.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I am limited to the fact that I only have $7 and 34 chuck e cheese tickets to support my car habits. Honestly I'm excited to see these rich guys throwing money at their cars just to get the best lap times.
Yeah I’m all for people pushing the boundaries to test the car before the next generation of Hybrid smacks us all in the face. I enjoy the potential of a hybrid but it’s a completely different driving experience. Feels like something is not there, yeah the noise doesn’t match the power! ?
Sponsored