Max boost on a base model 1.5t before things get sketchy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic lx hatchback manual
Country flag
I drive a 2018 honda civic lx hatchback manual and im running on preset tunes on ktuner. I was seeing what the non si 1.5t L15B7 can handle with max boost before internals become a problem but still wanting it to he a fun daily driver. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Showa80

First Name
Romin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback mt
Country flag
I drive a 2018 honda civic lx hatchback manual and im running on preset tunes on ktuner. I was seeing what the non si 1.5t L15B7 can handle with max boost before internals become a problem but still wanting it to he a fun daily driver. Thanks in advance

I actually just got a 2018 mt civic hatchback lx with 4K miles. Just wondering, what kind of mods have you done to it besides the k tune?

OP
OP
Knightridercivic
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I actually just got a 2018 mt civic hatchback lx with 4K miles. Just wondering, what kind of mods have you done to it besides the k tune?
I have a Takeda cold air intake, a 2.5 catless down pipe and front pipe, a type R rep. bumper and rep. Wing, im sitting on D2 coilovers and 18x9.5 +35 offset wheels wrapped with 235/40/18 tires

Showa80

First Name
Romin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback mt
Country flag
I have a Takeda cold air intake, a 2.5 catless down pipe and front pipe, a type R rep. bumper and rep. Wing, im sitting on D2 coilovers and 18x9.5 +35 offset wheels wrapped with 235/40/18 tires
Nice, are you happy with those mods? Was it worth it for you?

OP
OP
Knightridercivic
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice, are you happy with those mods? Was it worth it for you?
honestly im satisfied with what i have. Its not too much and its not too little its my daily so i like to show it off little for car meets and stuff but im not throwing thousands of dollars in it for a car show as a daily its just a waste for me at that point.

OP
OP
Knightridercivic
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ktuner basemaps are probably as high as you should go if you want to keep it as reliable as can be. The non Si engine cannot take the punishment the Si one can.
theres a stage 1 tune for the non si which will run 18psi and the next one up is 21+ psi. would you recommend anyone the stage 1 on 18psi to run as a daily or would you stay with a stage 0 tune which bumps up from stock 14.5 psi to 15.5 psi?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Ktuner basemaps are probably as high as you should go if you want to keep it as reliable as can be. The non Si engine cannot take the punishment the Si one can.
What are the actual differences between the Si and Non Si 1.5T motors? Valves? Pistons? Rods?

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
What are the actual differences between the Si and Non Si 1.5T motors? Valves? Pistons? Rods?
Parts that are different on Si 1.5T engine:
Intake Camshaft
Turbo Assembly
Fuel Injector Set
Pistons (Si has a lower compression ratio at 10.3 from 10.6 to handle more boost)
Connecting Rods
Powertrain Control Module

For the transmission:
The Differential, Mainshaft and Flywheel are different from the standard 1.5T 6M.