Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We just released our FSTB with an optional master cylinder brake brace and I wanted to share our release blog. You can check that out here. https://www.27won.com/blog/official-front-strut-tower-bar-release

This is hands down the best performing bar for the FK8 and is stronger over a bolt-on bar by an average factor of 4. If you track your Type R you should for sure check out and consider the brace. It's a nice piece to have on the car.

Honda Civic 10th gen Master Cylinder Brake Brace and Front Strut Tower Bar Launch Front Strut Tower Bar  (3)

Honda Civic 10th gen Master Cylinder Brake Brace and Front Strut Tower Bar Launch master cylinder brake brace honda fc1

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Is there really much gain in terms of handling characteristics when using a FSTB?

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there really much gain in terms of handling characteristics when using a FSTB?
I would say in comparison to older Hondas the delta in performance gain is smaller simply because the FK8 is a really good chassis out of the box. We get a tighter front end which we like and the real kicker is that brake brace.

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
I would say in comparison to older Hondas the delta in performance gain is smaller simply because the FK8 is a really good chassis out of the box. We get a tighter front end which we like and the real kicker is that brake brace.
The strut bar on many cars and specifically Hondas has been known to be as an appearance mod and a waste of money.

I can testify that when I installed my Perrin brace and now J's Racing brace both times I felt an improvement from a rigidity standpoint and to my complete surprise corrected almost all torque steer from throwing on my lighter te37's. More that reason alone it was worth it regardless of the looks. The cylinder brace on my Mustang worked quite well too!

This unit looks beefy and with the added brace I assume a complete win?

Honda Civic 10th gen Master Cylinder Brake Brace and Front Strut Tower Bar Launch XPPE6525.JPG

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
...to my complete surprise corrected almost all torque steer from throwing on my lighter te37's. More that reason alone it was worth it regardless of the looks.
This is an interesting comment. Anyone else have this happen to them? I know the way Honda dealt with the torque steer was with suspension geometry. I don’t feel like a brace alone would fix the changed geometry due to new wheels.

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
This is an interesting comment. Anyone else have this happen to them? I know the way Honda dealt with the torque steer was with suspension geometry. I don’t feel like a brace alone would fix the changed geometry due to new wheels.
I truly believe it was a combination of factory geometry and wheel weight..the 28lb wheels surely helped keep that steering more straight and stable.

Although it didn’t fix it completely it helped keep the lighter wheels in check..there was deff a huge different before and after for me..like I said usually not the case of most the cars that have one installed or other cars I’ve installed one on. Keep in mind wheels specs and weights will play a big part in what you feel.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I truly believe it was a combination of factory geometry and wheel weight..the 28lb wheels surely helped keep that steering more straight and stable.

Although it didn’t fix it completely it helped keep the lighter wheels in check..there was deff a huge different before and after for me..like I said usually not the case of most the cars that have one installed or other cars I’ve installed one on. Keep in mind wheels specs and weights will play a big part in what you feel.
What are your rim and tire specs? Just curious.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
Do you have pics of the master cylinder brace? Does it stiffen the firewall leading to less flex when braking hard?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Do you have pics of the master cylinder brace? Does it stiffen the firewall leading to less flex when braking hard?
The firewall and MC don't flex under braking. If it did, the TC cars would be running something like this.

Reactions: B$$