First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know Hazmat suits are at the far end of the spectrum - I was just trying to illustrate my concern with allowing the government or authority figures to begin imposing on mandates or restircitons on people's lives in the name of public safety. Anyhow I hope you're right.

When did this glove thing start? There is no need for people to wear gloves when they are out buying groceries or toilet paper. The virus can't burrow through a person's skin. Are people just too lazy to wash their hands?
I don't know, but here are pics from walmarts parking lot..
Honda Civic 10th gen Mask or no mask? IMG_20200328_183626354

And now I have to walk out to this crap in my front yard.
Honda Civic 10th gen Mask or no mask? IMG_20200410_153627531

People are just lazy pieces of trash that do this. I wear gloves , I don't touch my face or anything else until I've taken them off and then used some hand sanitizer till I can get home and wash my hands.
Wearing gloves isn't going to spread this crap, having it for two weeks not knowing it, and walking around with no mask on and even just accidentally coughing or sneezing can and will spread it. Just wear a mask and don't take chances.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mask or no mask? IMG_20200328_183635446

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Yeah pretty irresponsible with just dumping the gloves everywhere, peoples trash in general. Even before the Covid19 stuff you could go into a parking lot and see some idiot empty the garbage from their car onto the parking lot. Lazy jerks.

Just my 2 cent. Takes two seconds to put on a mask. It’s spread by respiratory droplets for the most part, no hazmat suits needed for the average person. Gloves imo are just that extra step in precaution (should be disposed of properly!) Especially if you might be run down, immunocompromised or have other respiratory issues I would advise a mask going out. You never know if someone will come close to you and cough/sneeze/etc. You don’t want to bring it home to your family. Also if you touched a surface that may have Covid19 then touch your face/eyes then it could increase your chances of getting it. Covid19 can survive on a metal surface for 2-3 days. A mask may help decrease touching your face. I didn’t think I touched my face but I caught myself many times.

It’s like seatbelts. Some people still don’t wear them, but it’s good when you really need it in an accident, which you never know when it’s gonna happen.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah pretty irresponsible with just dumping the gloves everywhere, peoples trash in general. Even before the Covid19 stuff you could go into a parking lot and see some idiot empty the garbage from their car onto the parking lot. Lazy jerks.

Just my 2 cent. Takes two seconds to put on a mask. It’s spread by respiratory droplets for the most part, no hazmat suits needed for the average person. Gloves imo are just that extra step in precaution (should be disposed of properly!) Especially if you might be run down, immunocompromised or have other respiratory issues I would advise a mask going out. You never know if someone will come close to you and cough/sneeze/etc. You don’t want to bring it home to your family. Also if you touched a surface that may have Covid19 then touch your face/eyes then it could increase your chances of getting it. Covid19 can survive on a metal surface for 2-3 days. A mask may help decrease touching your face. I didn’t think I touched my face but I caught myself many times.

It’s like seatbelts. Some people still don’t wear them, but it’s good when you really need it in an accident, which you never know when it’s gonna happen.
You hit it right on the nail! I totally agree. It's better to be safe than sorry.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
It's like if you even cough once, people turn their heads like zombies, lots of whiplash happening.
-
I saw a guy walking around in a hazard gas mask, we're one step closer to everyone walking around in full hazmats.
Unfortunately, everyone's focussed on buy N95s and no one is buying hazmat suits - by the time we need them, there definitely won't be enough. haha.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Remember there are people that are infected but show no symptoms. That group of people are still out there grocery shopping or walking their dog.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
dont trust vaccines....you don't know what they are putting in you

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Apparently retailers in my area are mandating mask usage. I ran out to Petco this afternoon to pick up a few dog/cat necessities. The cashier stopped me at the door and told me I wasn't allowed inside without a mask. Fortunately I'd tossed one into the car a few days prior (just a simple particulate mask, intended to be used while painting). Same deal at the supermarket next door. I don't have a problem with this, but I would've been a little annoyed if I didn't have a mask handy.

Well, fortunately vaccines are rigorously tested for both efficacy and safety before the FDA signs off on them. And they publish the exact ingredients so you can find out precisely what's going into your body (i.e. here's their info on the MMR vaccine).

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
I find it hard to breath with a mask. I used to work in a freezer and my co workers seemed to have no issue with covering their face, I could never do it. I tried. I go with no mask and ensure to keep my distance.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Apparently retailers in my area are mandating mask usage. I ran out to Petco this afternoon to pick up a few dog/cat necessities. The cashier stopped me at the door and told me I wasn't allowed inside without a mask. Fortunately I'd tossed one into the car a few days prior (just a simple particulate mask, intended to be used while painting). Same deal at the supermarket next door. I don't have a problem with this, but I would've been a little annoyed if I didn't have a mask handy.
This is interesting. Didn’t know that stores wouldn’t let you in without a mask. I wear a mask so I never have issue. But I can’t blame them. You don’t know who has it.

At our local supermarket one of the ladies that works in the bakery department died form Covid19.

My neighbor’s husband was 1 of 49 people that died from Covid19 in the nursing home he lived in. Over 1/3 of the population in this local nursing home have died from Covid19 in the past couple of months

Before the stay at home order my moms friend at church got Covid19. She died a few weeks ago.
I work in a home care agency and some of our patients have died from Covid19 and some of our nurses and therapists have contracted it. They are trained to protect themselves but even as trained professionals that took preventative measures they can still get it.

You never know who has it.

Overeazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch *Sold*
Country flag
Yes I will wear a mask in public, this shit will go away faster if everyone obeys the orders. I was on my way to work today (Saturday) and wow there is a lot of essential people out and about.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Here only those wear masks who want to or are asked by their employers. . In some stores/businesses most /all employees wear masks, in others only some. Depending on how badly they want to attract customers. So at a Honda dealer everyone working there wears a mask, but at grocery stores or a big home improvement store only some. Among the customers at least half or more don't wear masks,
What I don't like is that they closed the restrooms in parks. The signs say it's because the park is only open for "passive use." I didn't know that taking a leak or a dump in a park toilet is defined as "active use." So I normally use parks actively.:yes:

I had two scheduled earlier doctor visits this month during the "lockdown". One doctor had only some tests done outside in cars. That was the only time I was asked to wear a mask, and they gave me one. This is the only face mask I own and I keep it in the car. Then it was followed by only a remote (via my ipad) "visit". But another doctor, at about the same time this month saw me in person, normally in the office, no masks, no nonsense, regular physical examination, with direct contact, blood tests, etc.

Looks like literally several people died with the Chinese virus within the radius of at least 100 miles around me.
Driving (the principal risk in my life) feels much safer now despite the occasionally higher speeds and apparent less police presence. What kills on the roads is mostly too much traffic. Of course insurance companies know this very well. No money saves more lives in places like the US than money spent on roads.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here in DE, they finally made it a law that you had to wear one when you go on public,like to a store etc.
So , I go into Walmart,who's employees are lawfully required to wear one, and two women behind the deli counter , have their masks pulled down off their face , slicing lunch meat. Freaking morons.

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si & 2016 Honda Fit
Country flag
Byron is absolutely right. My wife and I don't vaccinate ourselves or our children. We are healthier than anyone we know. Don't take vaccines people, do your research. They are a weapon against humanity. Everyone wonders why cancer, diseases, autism etc is sky rocketing. The globalist, one worlders want to reduce the world population. This is no secret, they are very open in documenting it. Corona virus is a hoax, it's meant to strip is of our rights and bring in the new vaccine that they're going to try and mandate. Do not take this vaccine people, if you do you will regret it dearly. I will take a bullet before I'm forced to take this poison shot. Wake up humanity.
Honda Civic 10th gen Mask or no mask? Screenshot_20200528-144527
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.