First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can thank the Chinese government for all of this BS. Funny how they can come up with a vaccine in less than a year, but still can't find a cure for cancer.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Brivis

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
You can thank the Chinese government for all of this BS. Funny how they can come up with a vaccine in less than a year, but still can't find a cure for cancer.
If you think about it they come up with a new vaccine every single year… the flu shot in new every year. The technology for the Covid vaccines has been around for decades.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
Cures for cancer actually exist.. but there's no money in eradicating an illness vs supplying meds until your death. So the power of the almighty dollar and greed wins that one.. ?
- Pharmacy Tech

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not really a mystery, actually. There was one virus for which we needed a vaccine, SARS-COV-2, and we already had mRNA tech, so, when the world stopped to focus its energy on just that one virus, almost all mental energy and financial resources attacked that problem.

There are a variety of different types of cancers, and considerable between-person variation in effect amongst those, which requires somewhat tailored solutions. Now, imagine what would happen if the world stopped for a year to focus its empirical energy on curing multiple different types of cancer, or even just those that have the highest mortality (e.g., pancreatic)? ? Same with addressing anthropogenic climate change. ?

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
This is also similar to oil companies buying the patents to motors that don't require oil and gasoline to run.. ?

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is also similar to oil companies buying the patents to motors that don't require oil and gasoline to run.. ?
Not to purposively thread-jack, but I like these types of critical academic discussions. ?

Exactly. I’ve heard this campfire story before, also. And when asked ‘where’s the evidence for this?’, of course, the patents have ‘disappeared’, which seems convenient.

Don’t get me wrong: absolutely, corporations whose wealth (read: power) relies on these techs will, and have, defended themselves(e.g., it’s no secret oil companies funded climate change disinfo). But I’ve never seen compelling evidence (and I’ve looked!) for this insidious shadowy cabal of corporate mercenaries buying up patent rights only to shelve them. It makes sense that these companies would actually do this, but that’s only speculation. In fact, current sociopolitical and tech developments suggest the opposite: MIT just made a huge advance on fusion tech, but, according to this conspiracy logic, why hasn’t this tech disappeared? How has it been able to proceed this far?

I think Steven Greer has good intentions, but his whole movement falls apart, IMO, due to his convenient out ‘we have evidence of government suppression of alien technology, but we can’t show it to you, so, just trust us.’

Tobiman

First Name
Oluwatobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
If cures for cancer existed, then some insanely wealthy people wouldn't have had to die. Cell mutation is a different ball game to viral and bacterial attacks. I wouldn't lump them together.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, and you still wonder why the current administration is pushing electric? So the POFS scumbags can take baths in all the money they're gonna make.
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/hu...lectric/2021/11/20/id/1045522/#CommentSection
Interesting! I mean, I don't personally wonder, but I can understand the sentiment. And thew deal, as a whole, is suspicious, and should be examined carefully, despite that, "...[w]hile Chinese corporate records show Skaneateles remains a part owner of BHR, Chris Clark, a lawyer for Mr. Biden, said that he 'no longer holds any interest, directly or indirectly, in either BHR or Skaneateles.' The Chinese records show that Mr. Biden was no longer on BHR’s board as of April 2020. Mr. Biden did not respond to requests for comment.'"

reesee175

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
I've debated getting rid of my civic soley due to the price but the issue is i can't find anything i actually like more lol.
Go for it. I sold my 2020 si for an 8k profit and purchased a 2022 trd camry for sticker price.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
I bought a new 2016 LX mt coupe for $19,500 and I now feel like I stole it.

OP
OP

Brivis

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Cures for cancer actually exist.. but there's no money in eradicating an illness vs supplying meds until your death. So the power of the almighty dollar and greed wins that one.. ?
- Pharmacy Tech
They actually don’t. Saying “cancer” refers to hundreds of different specific diseases. Yes some are treatable and can push to remission but there is no cure -research and development pharmaceutical scientist.

OP
OP

Brivis

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Oh by the way I’ve been doing this for close to 20yrs and my dad died of cancer. So if it existed I’m either the worst son in the world or it doesn’t exist. ?‍♂

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
I been thinking about getting rid of my civic since mine is a lemon. Maybe I’ll get the integra if I do. It will certainly help me with my Uber job. But the amount carvana is giving me isn’t a good deal. Hell, my friend that sold her 2015 fiat to them got $14k for a piece of shit !
Honda Civic 10th gen Market adjustments are just crazy now. D15C0FE3-DDE4-477A-936F-8AD31ECF2065
Sponsored