Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
So that ticking was the transmission you didn't blow the motor?

Edit:

do you think this is a flywheel issue?

what clutch set up is on the car
Read up :thumbsup:
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you guys confirmed which part let go in the transmission yet?

RunningHot2017

20 years. Smashing gears.
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Finally the 400hp mark is broken on a stock block! Absolutely incredible. Sadly the transmission doesnt translate the hp as well as the engine does. The good news is, every mechanical failure is necessary. It gives reason for tuning and preformance groups to reverse engineer everything and find out what went dumb first. In turn, as more limits are broken, more parts become availible to fill those weakness.

Edit: Short version? GO HARD! Break more s***!

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Not yet... I won't be cracking the case open for a couple of weeks...mostly because, even if I knew what was broken, even if there was a huge opportunity to make something or produce something or solve this concern... I don't have any capacity, right now, to design or manufacture anything. I expect some capacity to open up in the near future which will afford us time enough to dive in and see what interesting things we can find.

Have you guys confirmed which part let go in the transmission yet?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
I'm actually very impressed...the transmission has help at LEAST 55 passes... and been extremely abused on a heavily prepped track over the course of multiple outings... that doesn't even take into account dozens, if not hundreds of pulls on our dyno and several clutch swaps with very minimal service inspections. Quite frankly, I am enthusiastic about the transmission as it has held up to abuse well and is holding considerably more HP than it was intended to.

Finally the 400hp mark is broken on a stock block! Absolutely incredible. Sadly the transmission doesnt translate the hp as well as the engine does. The good news is, every mechanical failure is necessary. It gives reason for tuning and preformance groups to reverse engineer everything and find out what went dumb first. In turn, as more limits are broken, more parts become availible to fill those weakness.

Edit: Short version? GO HARD! Break more s***!

RunningHot2017

20 years. Smashing gears.
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I know there were high hopes for day 2. This car is very capable of hitting 11s. Just... Not on a trans that was beat to hell and back. That car will get there without a doubt. We are all waiting patiently for you to let us know whats up and what can be done. Stuff like this makes for a very interesting read.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Exactly what I am hoping for. I have a low mileage transmission that will be going back in the car hopefully tomorrow so we can head back out to the track... BUT also so that we can tear down the original unit and see if we can find out what failed and... well... build it better!

I know there were high hopes for day 2. This car is very capable of hitting 11s. Just... Not on a trans that was beat to hell and back. That car will get there without a doubt. We are all waiting patiently for you to let us know whats up and what can be done. Stuff like this makes for a very interesting read.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.