MAPerformance's 1st day out at the track with our 1.5t powered 10th Gen Si! 12.09 at 116.54mph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryce.exe

ex Honda tech, now CEO/Project Manager
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 1992 Civic cx, 2010 Civic Si, 2008 RIdgeline, 2018 Civic Si turbo
Country flag
This has been quite the talk of the town in Fargo ND, keep up the great work MAP!
Sponsored

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Thanks so much! Hope to see you at Proving Grounds this weekend. We hope to have the car out!

This has been quite the talk of the town in Fargo ND, keep up the great work MAP!

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
We did not keep the electronic wastegate... although electronic boost control is something that could be developed, for the purposes of testing, we wanted to approach it from a more systematic angle and introduce the smallest amount of variables at any given point in time. In the future, we will return to the electronic wastegate conversation...to really vet out what that looks like and how it functions and see if the pro's outweigh any obstacles, ETC. Excellent question, tho!
Good to know! Thanks for the info. Can't wait to see the progress done by you guys on this platform.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
We will keep you guys up to date!

Good to know! Thanks for the info. Can't wait to see the progress done by you guys on this platform.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Overly detailed write up.. I read basically none of it .... I can definitely tell you have sales background (plug it where you can I guess). Also I think you might have a future gig in writing children's novels.

Great numbers though, one of the first quick Si's I have seen around in a while.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
:popcorn:

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
I think that it is important to document the process of enhancing the platform and documenting the weak points that we will exploit. I intend to continue to keep people informed as we progress and you can expect part two tomorrow as we head back out =)

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As a member of the community, I enjoy hearing about your progress and the contributions that MAP is making to the 10th gen community. I think the great majority of site members would agree. Keep it up!

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Thanks... it means a lot. I think you guys deserve the extra effort... and, truth be told... the information I am trying to share is the information I would personally crave if I were looking to race my car... but it is true what they say... sometimes you can't make everyone happy, I guess

As a member of the community, I enjoy hearing about your progress and the contributions that MAP is making to the 10th gen community. I think the great majority of site members would agree. Keep it up!

freezingmoon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
What are you guys doing to preload the driveline when launching? Is the brake hold button any use for this? Can’t wait til my map dp shows up!

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Sorry that I missed this

To answer your question... what we are doing right now? Hard launches in 2nd gear... likely resulting in the destruction of our transmission...lol... we ARE working on a method to trigger the brake for better, more consistent launches, absolutely!

What are you guys doing to preload the driveline when launching? Is the brake hold button any use for this? Can’t wait til my map dp shows up!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.