MAPerformance's 1st day out at the track with our 1.5t powered 10th Gen Si! 12.09 at 116.54mph

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Thank you! We are looking forward to the future!

Excellent write up of the experience. Thanks for the mention! Glad to see this project progressing so well!
Sponsored

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Couldn't agree more!

Great write up guys. keep up the great work. glad to see you trying Ktuner and enjoying it. I have always had great experiences when I have had a question that I needed to ask Ktuner.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
We have some milestones to achieve and we are optimistic that the engine will hold together to see us through, BUT I have sent out two oil samples to Blackstone for analysis and once we get those back, I will obviously share with you all!

it will be interesting to see some of the wear areas you are referring too.. besides the axel ;)

Awesome job so far and great time out for the 1st outing with the car.. impressive..

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
You would be surprised how much difference the correct turbine housing choice makes. I would have a hard time describing the smaller turbine housing EFR 6258 that we have been running as laggy... quite frankly... if you have experience with EVO's... it really came on more like a stock frame EVO turbo... completely streetable and making 350hp... the car was an absolute riot...that would be my personal sweet spot.

Great thread! Lots of good info. I'm extremely interested in those built engine options! It would allow me to justify Nitrous to my gf haha. At least, just for spool up, on those larger turbo kits ;)

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Clutchmasters FX725

This is a twin disc setup and to my understanding, we were the first to test the kit actually on a Civic Si 1.5t.... I have some interesting stories about installing the clutch... one being, do NOT use the plastic supplied alignment tool... the plastic to hub tolerance is too sloppy to align the discs precisely AND the pilot bearing snout on the alignment tool is much too thin to mimic the actual Si transmission shat, but Clutchmasters sells a billet alignment tool for something like 50 or 80 dollars... we even had to mildly chamfer the pilot bearing to get everything to line up... but once we did, everything slid together like it should and I can tell you... this clutch kit is one of the smoothest twin discs I have ever driven.

Clutchmasters claims it should hold up to 800ftlbs of torque, but could be converted to a triple if that is not sufficient for us. The price on this kit is extremely affordable as well... it is south of 1500.00 or somewhere about that amount... and I honestly am very impressed with the results.

The most important thing about this story are the clutch and flywheel.

Tell us more.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
You would be surprised how much difference the correct turbine housing choice makes. I would have a hard time describing the smaller turbine housing EFR 6258 that we have been running as laggy... quite frankly... if you have experience with EVO's... it really came on more like a stock frame EVO turbo... completely streetable and making 350hp... the car was an absolute riot...that would be my personal sweet spot.
Would 350hp be about the limit on that turbo? My goal is to hit 400 or a little higher :)
And if I go fully built engine, like I want to, that goal will go up :rolleyes:

RunningHot2017

20 years. Smashing gears.
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Keep going! Break that 1.5l motor through its limits! Cant wait to see what the future has MAPped out for us!

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
I want to hire you to develop slogans for us! hahahahha... drop me a PM some time and remind me of this awesome line!

Keep going! Break that 1.5l motor through its limits! Cant wait to see what the future has MAPped out for us!

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Too early to say for sure. Quite frankly, I think that 400hp is in the cards for that turbo, but it comes down to exhaust energy... and that turbo, on this set up, starts to show signs of running out of steam, around 375 and seems to be wanting to tap out around 395 for us....but... its a touch too early to say for certain. We just plugged in the EFR6758 and will be seeing what happens shortly.

Would 350hp be about the limit on that turbo? My goal is to hit 400 or a little higher :)
And if I go fully built engine, like I want to, that goal will go up :rolleyes:

Hijinx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fiesta ST, 2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Clutchmasters FX725

This is a twin disc setup and to my understanding, we were the first to test the kit actually on a Civic Si 1.5t.... I have some interesting stories about installing the clutch... one being, do NOT use the plastic supplied alignment tool... the plastic to hub tolerance is too sloppy to align the discs precisely AND the pilot bearing snout on the alignment tool is much too thin to mimic the actual Si transmission shat, but Clutchmasters sells a billet alignment tool for something like 50 or 80 dollars... we even had to mildly chamfer the pilot bearing to get everything to line up... but once we did, everything slid together like it should and I can tell you... this clutch kit is one of the smoothest twin discs I have ever driven.

Clutchmasters claims it should hold up to 800ftlbs of torque, but could be converted to a triple if that is not sufficient for us. The price on this kit is extremely affordable as well... it is south of 1500.00 or somewhere about that amount... and I honestly am very impressed with the results.
Do you foresee a PNP packaged offering in the future? Clutch, flywheel, chamfered pilot bearing and billet alignment tool?

Also, how is the pedal feel changed?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Several good questions

1) I could sell this kit to you right now, if you wanted it...everything is available and would even ship quickly!
2) We did give feedback to Clutchmasters with some measurements, so I think ideally, they will try to address the pilot bearing issue themselves.
3) The FEEL of the clutch is actually GREAT... and I mean that. Pedal is significantly stiffer, tho... we have our own clutch line installed too and I think that would probably be included in the package... but I am also looking into solutions to remove the delay valves...not that they are intrusive with this setup, but it certainly has a numbing effect to the actual clutch feel and right now, I can't say if that's a benefit... or a detriment. What I can say is that this 725 is actually very streetable. The pedal is much stiffer... but I personally prefer that.

Do you foresee a PNP packaged offering in the future? Clutch, flywheel, chamfered pilot bearing and billet alignment tool?

Also, how is the pedal feel changed?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Several good questions

1) I could sell this kit to you right now, if you wanted it...everything is available and would even ship quickly!
2) We did give feedback to Clutchmasters with some measurements, so I think ideally, they will try to address the pilot bearing issue themselves.
3) The FEEL of the clutch is actually GREAT... and I mean that. Pedal is significantly stiffer, tho... we have our own clutch line installed too and I think that would probably be included in the package... but I am also looking into solutions to remove the delay valves...not that they are intrusive with this setup, but it certainly has a numbing effect to the actual clutch feel and right now, I can't say if that's a benefit... or a detriment. What I can say is that this 725 is actually very streetable. The pedal is much stiffer... but I personally prefer that.
Did you guys keep the electronic waste-gate with this turbo? cant wait to see the EFR6758 results :)

Hijinx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fiesta ST, 2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Several good questions

I prefer the effortless pedals of today’s manuals, but I’m always willing to sacrifice some comfort for the performance. On my Fiesta ST, I did a Stage 3 Spec clutch and flywheel...didn’t change the pedal feel a bit...however, the stock clutch on that car can take 350wtq+ easily (unlike the Si, unfortunately).

This clutch is def on my radar, though.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
We did not keep the electronic wastegate... although electronic boost control is something that could be developed, for the purposes of testing, we wanted to approach it from a more systematic angle and introduce the smallest amount of variables at any given point in time. In the future, we will return to the electronic wastegate conversation...to really vet out what that looks like and how it functions and see if the pro's outweigh any obstacles, ETC. Excellent question, tho!

Did you guys keep the electronic waste-gate with this turbo? cant wait to see the EFR6758 results :)

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
The FX400 6 puck we used with the Clutchmaster's flywheel.... I LOVED that clutch... it felt almost stock but just held... for anyone under say 400HP and mid 300's ftlbs... it is a really great solution to maintain pedal feel. The FX725 adds quite a but of pedal resistance... I actually prefer it...but to each their own!

I prefer the effortless pedals of today’s manuals, but I’m always willing to sacrifice some comfort for the performance. On my Fiesta ST, I did a Stage 3 Spec clutch and flywheel...didn’t change the pedal feel a bit...however, the stock clutch on that car can take 350wtq+ easily (unlike the Si, unfortunately).

This clutch is def on my radar, though.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.