MAPerformance's 1st day out at the track with our 1.5t powered 10th Gen Si! 12.09 at 116.54mph

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
That being said, she is starting to show some signs of wear... BUT has been exposed to massive amounts of abuse.

I intend to exploit the failure point of the engine in the off season, if possible.
it will be interesting to see some of the wear areas you are referring too.. besides the axel ;)

Awesome job so far and great time out for the 1st outing with the car.. impressive..
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Great thread! Lots of good info. I'm extremely interested in those built engine options! It would allow me to justify Nitrous to my gf haha. At least, just for spool up, on those larger turbo kits ;)

RunningHot2017

20 years. Smashing gears.
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
12s with bolt-ons and a Tune. Granted one of those bolt-ons is a bigger turbo but still. One large step for the Civicx!

Edit: Being the tuner company car, this car isnt even running flexfuel is it? Or even catted downpipe?

Daelen@MAP

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Daelen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Edit: Being the tuner company car, this car isnt even running flexfuel is it? Or even catted downpipe?

100% forgot to note that! The car is running the Ktuner flex fuel converter, our prototype line, sensor, and wiring kit along with E50-E60 fuel. We have noticed no limitations in the fuel system at these levels so that is very encouraging.

The downpipe is currently uncatted on the prototype turbo kit.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
6500 rpm Digs on a 200hp drivetrain :):)
They had the part on hand, I think they just wanted to confirm a suspicion about the first weak point in the driveline, though that clutch certainly has the added clamping capacity to shock the hell out of the driveline. Could have been worse, they could have grenades the gearbox. I did that once after replacing a slipping clutch. It was a $4200 learning experience in my 2002 WRX but I wound up swapping in a 2006 STI transmission. So it kind of worked out.

Hijinx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fiesta ST, 2016 Civic LX
Country flag
The most important thing about this story are the clutch and flywheel.

Tell us more.

10civics

First Name
bo peep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
They had the part on hand, I think they just wanted to confirm a suspicion about the first weak point in the driveline, though that clutch certainly has the added clamping capacity to shock the hell out of the driveline. Could have been worse, they could have grenades the gearbox. I did that once after replacing a slipping clutch. It was a $4200 learning experience in my 2002 WRX but I wound up swapping in a 2006 STI transmission. So it kind of worked out.
It appears the stock trans in this case is quite stout. It should take all my tune has to offer.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
IDK about that... I think that we put a car through abuse in a shorter time, in the hopes that it will emulate the abuse you might subject your car to in your lifetime of ownership... but I will say that there are a lot of super hard core enthusiasts and general tuners that beat flog their cars super hard.

I'm guessing the abuse that most companies in your field put these cars through is greater than the abuse that the average tuner puts theirs through throughout the life of the car.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
I will just say yes, to this... as this is something we are currently toying with... although from a bit different perspective.

any plans on adding a hydro e brake so you can preload the axles at the line?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
In terms of the exhaust?
Or the turbo kit?

I am happy to share just about anything... the kit we have put together should not be considered pre-production... it's not even a prototype kit in the most realistic sense... it has been put together in a very specific fashion for data acquisition... essentially trying to understand the exhaust energy and back pressure generated under a multitude of conditions and with multiple components. We will have a turbo kit to release...and the major components that have been made to support this kit will translate to the prototype and production kits, but at the moment, we are still in a data gathering mode.

What would you like to know?

(if you are referring to the exhaust, BTW... I can say that this is somewhat of a one off system... meaning, it is extremely similar and certainly related to our pre-production system... but without the use of standard location honda flanges... rather, a series of v-bands.)

Those are very nice results and a GREAT WRITE UP of the day.

Upgraded turbo/FMIC/catback/clutch/mounts(eng+trans).... stock downpipe and front pipe?

Nice to see someone using the EFR series turbo on this engine. My younger brother bought my 2002 WRX and put the EFR7163 on it, he's running mid 11's around 450whp.

Do you feel the upgraded catback is providing better exhaust flow and thus power gains over stock? I have to imagine the upgraded setup weighs significantly less than stock. What can you tell us about it?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
OP