Banned
First Name
Speed Maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, 2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Dual Tip option for your exhausts. I'm conservative in appearance and favor that over a quad tip.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Dual Tip option for your exhausts. I'm conservative in appearance and favor that over a quad tip.
i can bring it up and see if that could become an option

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hybrid Flywheel (or modified oem type-r) for the 1.5T that fits type-r clutches !
Most aftermarket clutches have too many issues and flywheel problems.
Oem FK8 clutch can hold more then enough Torque for 90% of the 1.5T users ,Oem Reliability ,Long lasting clutch ,Smooth engagement,...
Everybody would love it.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Hybrid Flywheel (or modified oem type-r) for the 1.5T that fits type-r clutches !
Most aftermarket clutches have too many issues and flywheel problems.
Oem FK8 clutch can hold more then enough Torque for 90% of the 1.5T users ,Oem Reliability ,Long lasting clutch ,Smooth engagement,...
Everybody would love it.
What kind of issues were they having?
i only know of one clutch that was having issues

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Afaik clutch chatter , stiff clutch pedal , uneven wear for the higher hp clutches.Also price tag is really high .
Much better off using a larger clutch disc and lighter pressure plate ,then to use a stronger pressure plate with a smaller clutch disc.I believe the type-r clutch disc is 12mm larger in diameter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Clutch chatter sometime comes from people choosing a way to aggressive clutch for street driving
same with clutch peddle feel
i havent personally seen the uneven wear issue
and price tags can differ depending on brand and stage of clutch

Nitori

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2016 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Had an idea pop into my head... for those not running an intake that would conflict, of course.

Canada spec washer fluid reservoir and pump, only hooked to a separate switch, and running to an IC sprayer.

Honestly I might try DIY'ing that... start hitting up the Canadians who have installed a PRL Cobra! :D

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ugh, i had some serious heat soak today!
was ~110 today in Phoenix and I could barely pass a slow moving mini SUV on the on-ramp!

Nitori

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
ugh, i had some serious heat soak today!
was ~110 today in Phoenix and I could barely pass a slow moving mini SUV on the on-ramp!
Why do you think I posted about an IC sprayer lol... I was heat soaking pretty bad too but more than anything it’s leading to shitty mileage on my commute.

I keep saying MAPerformance intercooler is a day 1 buy... have the money in my budget set aside and everything.:p

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Why do you think I posted about an IC sprayer lol... I was heat soaking pretty bad too but more than anything it’s leading to shitty mileage on my commute.

I keep saying MAPerformance intercooler is a day 1 buy... have the money in my budget set aside and everything.:p
we are hoping to have some sort of release soon, i will let you guys know when they are available

Nitori

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
we are hoping to have some sort of release soon, i will let you guys know when they are available
Killing me here, it's 100+ ambient every day and I need a better IC stat!! :p
(In all seriousness I'm glad you guys are waiting till when you have units ready to ship.);)

Anyways to touch back on one of the things I had mentioned as a product idea (a combo intake scoop and radiator panel) I noticed something the other day when I popped my hood.

I commute and live in a very, very dusty area. We're talking literal dunes in the desert (not always) and dust devils constantly. I get maybe a week between freshly washed and covered in a thin layer of dust.

Where air goes, dust goes. So the fact that the silicone of the PRL intake pipe I have is slightly "sticky" means I get a very obvious pattern of where air is coming across from over the radiator.

Honda Civic 10th gen MAPerformance Wants Your Help! dust on pipe

That looks like a whole lot of ambient air just splashing up against the intake hose. My gut is telling me that mated to a properly made intake box and/or scoop, an SRI style intake could really outperform a "cold air" intake like the PRL Cobra. (Kinda like what 27WON does, but going for the front scoop instead of wheel well...)

I can see where air traveling over the radiator and hitting the turbo might be beneficial, but at least here on the driver's side, it looks like a lot of air is slipping right by.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Killing me here, it's 100+ ambient every day and I need a better IC stat!! :p
(In all seriousness I'm glad you guys are waiting till when you have units ready to ship.);)

Anyways to touch back on one of the things I had mentioned as a product idea (a combo intake scoop and radiator panel) I noticed something the other day when I popped my hood.

I commute and live in a very, very dusty area. We're talking literal dunes in the desert (not always) and dust devils constantly. I get maybe a week between freshly washed and covered in a thin layer of dust.

Where air goes, dust goes. So the fact that the silicone of the PRL intake pipe I have is slightly "sticky" means I get a very obvious pattern of where air is coming across from over the radiator.

dust on pipe.png

That looks like a whole lot of ambient air just splashing up against the intake hose. My gut is telling me that mated to a properly made intake box and/or scoop, an SRI style intake could really outperform a "cold air" intake like the PRL Cobra. (Kinda like what 27WON does, but going for the front scoop instead of wheel well...)

I can see where air traveling over the radiator and hitting the turbo might be beneficial, but at least here on the driver's side, it looks like a lot of air is slipping right by.
We are potentially looking to have a air duct as an added option to our intakes it would need some modifying to the driver side fog light cover

Status
Not open for further replies.