Mthao22

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm guessing you've upgraded your tires as well? I also plan on running map 2 regularly once I get a ktuner, but I feel like it'll just spin the stock A/S tires and I should probably get some better ones first
Yeah I did. Was gonna autocross my car this year, so I wanted to upgrade the tires. I went with the Michelin PS4S, 245/40/18. Also have a Whiteline RSB. I haven't been able to "test" the tires yet. But from a few pulls and friendly races, the PS4S feel great, really sticky. Definitely made the car more fun to drive. I used to spin in 2nd gear all the time with the factory tires. As anyone will tell you on the forum, the stock tires are trash.
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is everyone here on the stock clutch using both of these tunes? Iā€™m leaning towards MAP over TSP because of the high tq numbers hurting the stock clutch so soon. Not sure if TSP stage 1 will let my clutch last longer. I mainly commute on the highway for work, but I heard limiting boost by gear on 5th and 6th to 10psi is good for highway. Iā€™m sure driving habits make a difference in the wear and tear of the stock clutch as well, but I wanted to hear you from you guys with the tune on a stock clutch.
Ive been running the hottest map on TSP Stage 1 daily (they put the 24.5# map as my map 1) since July ā€˜18... so coming on 2 years. Sport mode more often than not. Donā€™t remember the mileage but probably 10-15k of the near 25k I have now. My stock clutch is fine.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Ive been running the hottest map on TSP Stage 1 daily (they put the 24.5# map as my map 1) since July ā€˜18... so coming on 2 years. Sport mode more often than not. Donā€™t remember the mileage but probably 10-15k of the near 25k I have now. My stock clutch is fine.
Do you drive spirited some of the time just fine? Iā€™m guessing some people just have bad habits like engine lugging and riding clutches if yours has last this long.

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Iā€™m guessing you donā€™t dump your clutch and beat your car daily like some people do?
Been using TSP stage 1 tune (Map 3) for 3 months. I drive spirited often enough. But I don't do 1st, 5th or 6th gear pulls and only start WOT at 4,000 RPM and above. Clutch still grabs great. No issues.

OP
OP

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Iā€™m guessing you donā€™t dump your clutch and beat your car daily like some people do?
No I donā€™t. Iā€™m also not launching it. If Iā€™m doing pulls Iā€™m making sure that Iā€™m at least at 3500rpms before WOT

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you drive spirited some of the time just fine? Iā€™m guessing some people just have bad habits like engine lugging and riding clutches if yours has last this long.
I drive spirited... most of the time?

Minimal highway driving. Lots of rural roads with moderate speed limits. The occasional non-anti lag launch. A no lift shift now and then. I donā€™t let the car build high boost levels at low RPMs (<3000) from trying to accelerate. If I want to accelerate hard and let the car build high (double digit) boost levels... I use the appropriate gear. I go WOT very often though. This, to me, is the way Iā€™ve always driven. Iā€™ve never been one to try and accelerate hard on either an NA or turbo car in too high a gear. Giving up the mechanical advantage a lower gear gives for pure turbo-given engine torque in too high a gear is, to me, simply driving lazy and not choosing the correct gear... possibly to the detriment of the car.

I bough a manual to shift and have fun in and will have fun downshifting... trying to rev match blipping the throttle to make to be perfect and let her rip... winding it out rather than requesting peak engine torque at low RPMs in a high gear thatā€™ll totally negate that high engine torque and put functionally less torque at the wheel itself than if I just downshifted.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm still running Vits stage 1 Si tune with PRL Cobra and down pipe.

Wondering if I'd see and noticable gains switching to one of these tunes.

Over 20K on my current setup and the cars runs flawless.

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Been using TSP stage 1 tune (Map 3) for 3 months. I drive spirited often enough. But I don't do 1st, 5th or 6th gear pulls and only start WOT at 4,000 RPM and above. Clutch still grabs great. No issues.

Same here

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Super dumb question-

I have TSP and MAP, and just today switched to MAP cuz i got an intake from them. Does MAP have otf map switching? it was on map 2 after reflash from tsp which is weird.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to get off-topic on this thread, but how did you get the TSP 24.5 map set as map 1 ? Did you get a different tune file from Two Step that had this changed for you?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to get off-topic on this thread, but how did you get the TSP 24.5 map set as map 1 ? Did you get a different tune file from Two Step that had this changed for you?
You can contact TSP and they should be able to make the switch in your tune file for a small fee.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can contact TSP and they should be able to make the switch in your tune file for a small fee.
Yep. When I got mine the first time... I asked them to sort the tunes that way so it'd always be enabled on start and not have to swap to get it.

mtlsi

First Name
just
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
since the first day i ordered the tsp tune 1 2 3 reverse so i can start my car and be in map 3 every time. 20k km this way and the clutch is still fine.
Sponsored