OP
RODSCIVIC

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Was going pretty easy on it getting on to the new Jersey parkway in traffic out of a toll plaza when the car bucked and threw a bunch of error codes. Thankfully I was datalogging. Pulled over and flashing back to a hondata map.
Normal mode or Sport?
Sponsored

OP
OP
RODSCIVIC

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sport - on the beta map which has scramble enabled for both modes.
Yeah, I haven't really messed with Sport at this point. Hopefully they can make adjustments.

RunningHot2017

20 years. Smashing gears.
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have been swapping back and forth from the Beta Tune and the 6+ psi tune from Hondata. The hondata tune threw my car into limp mode yesterday and I had to reflash. My car lurched during a pull I was doing from 2nd gear, I shifted really quick to 3rd gear and as soon as my rpms dropped, the error codes came up. So it seems like limp mode happens when the car is shifted quickly. I will datalog and try to replicate that scenario with the beta tune.

RunningHot2017

20 years. Smashing gears.
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks @MAPerformance for the replies, I have no complaints at all about this tune! I need to do more datalogs honestly. The only thing im curious about is how I'm getting the tune performance all the time, instead of just in sport mode. If you want send me another copy of that standard tune to my email.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
I have been swapping back and forth from the Beta Tune and the 6+ psi tune from Hondata. The hondata tune threw my car into limp mode yesterday and I had to reflash. My car lurched during a pull I was doing from 2nd gear, I shifted really quick to 3rd gear and as soon as my rpms dropped, the error codes came up. So it seems like limp mode happens when the car is shifted quickly. I will datalog and try to replicate that scenario with the beta tune.
Have you cut down the rev hang with "Fuel">"Overrun fuel cut delay"?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
You hit overboost limp mode

The TC MAX boost tables needs to be upped

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
You hit overboost limp mode

The TC MAX boost tables needs to be upped
by any chance is there a write up on how to do this? If not, any short notes along the lines of, increase by x%?

TYIA

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
by any chance is there a write up on how to do this? If not, any short notes along the lines of, increase by x%?

TYIA
Just change both tables to 3.2 on everything. Since it's a custom tune, they probably have the calibration locked down

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
No, this was the pure Hondata tune. I have not changed any inputs in my tests
Just change both tables to 3.2 on everything. Since it's a custom tune, they probably have the calibration locked down
If it's just the straight Hondata tune you should be able to adjust it, our tune is locked yes. But you should have some control over the Hondata tune.

OP
OP
RODSCIVIC

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If it's just the straight Hondata tune you should be able to adjust it, our tune is locked yes. But you should have some control over the Hondata tune.
Any revisions coming to Stage 1 based on the info given?

Also, I'd like to suggest a Stage 1 tune all across as another option, not normal + Stage 1 (Sport) or Stage 1 + Scramble (Sport) just a Stage 1 all across.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Also, I'd like to suggest a Stage 1 tune all across as another option, not normal + Stage 1 (Sport) or Stage 1 + Scramble (Sport) just a Stage 1 all across.
I'm back to running the Hondata +9 sport map (with rev hang cut to 30, 20 ,10, 10, 10) and have scramble enabled in sport. Hate to admit the suggestion by RODSCIVIC above.... might be a sensible daily driver primary calibration. While scramble is fun, it definitely speed creeps. Without hindrance that small turbo just loves to spool. The difference in feel while in sport is worth being able to adjust to without dramatically changing performance. Hell, in unmodified form that's pretty much what the sport button does anyway.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag

I'm back to running the Hondata +9 sport map (with rev hang cut to 30, 20 ,10, 10, 10) and have scramble enabled in sport. Hate to admit the suggestion by RODSCIVIC above.... might be a sensible daily driver primary calibration. While scramble is fun, it definitely speed creeps. Without hindrance that small turbo just loves to spool. The difference in feel while in sport is worth being able to adjust to without dramatically changing performance. Hell, in unmodified form that's pretty much what the sport button does anyway.
Any concerns or requested potential revisions/updates can you guys please email them to me? It's honestly impossible for me to facilitate these requests off the forum, I have to get these requests to the proper team of people here!

OP
OP
RODSCIVIC

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I went back to a +6 psi Hondata this morning and frankly it's a snoozer compared to @MAPerformance Stage 1. However, as much as I like Scramble mode I agree with you that their regular Stage 1 is adequate for daily driving. I like going to Sport when twisties are coming up but want to stay with more adequate tune.
Sponsored