Si MAPerformance Stage 1 Beta

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Wanted to see if there were any other Si owners who went ahead and took the offer from @MAPerformance for a Stage 1 Beta Tune.

I received the file last night, loaded it to the Hondata and onto the Si. So far so good. I took it out on a short spin and I can say right now the tune in normal mode is good, on Sport mode? WOW! Looks like Scramble mode was put right in the midrange which really gets you up and going. Once the car has been driven a couple of more miles I will post more feedback and datalogs here, hopefully those who took the offer can chime in here also.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RODSCIVIC

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
sounds dangerous?

does ktuner have that feature?
What's scramble mode?
@MAPerformance explained that scramble mode on their tune basically has peak boost hit earlier than what their regular tune has peak boost at. Hopefully they can chime in. From the little bit that I have driven you can definitely feel it in the midrange, it’s great. We will see what the datalogs say next week.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
sounds dangerous?

does ktuner have that feature?
It’s not dangerous if your tables are setup correctly. My understanding is that Ktuner already does this, without there being a separate feature to enable/disable.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
It’s not dangerous if your tables are setup correctly. My understanding is that Ktuner already does this, without there being a separate feature to enable/disable.
I like being able to toggle scramble mode. I have the +9 sport mode flash on my 17 SI. When kids are in the car with me I leave it in Normal. When I am alone or with my wife sans kids(ultra rare) I put it in Sport mode. In either case I only toggle scramble mode on an as needed basis. Turn it on, use it, turn it off. It is useful in both normal and sport modes just a higher amount of boost in sport mode. I will occasionally do the pedal dance before going for a small joyride(off road on a private racetrack in Mexico of course).

So far the car feels great. Nearly 10k miles. Every tank averages well over 30mpg, a few have averaged as high as 42mpg. For a car which is completely stock with a reflash I am quite happy.

Really looking forward to trying out the new map. I just need to find the time to email them my hondata serial number.

OP
OP
RODSCIVIC

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I like being able to toggle scramble mode. I have the +9 sport mode flash on my 17 SI. When kids are in the car with me I leave it in Normal. When I am alone or with my wife sans kids(ultra rare) I put it in Sport mode. In either case I only toggle scramble mode on an as needed basis. Turn it on, use it, turn it off. It is useful in both normal and sport modes just a higher amount of boost in sport mode. I will occasionally do the pedal dance before going for a small joyride(off road on a private racetrack in Mexico of course).

So far the car feels great. Nearly 10k miles. Every tank averages well over 30mpg, a few have averaged as high as 42mpg. For a car which is completely stock with a reflash I am quite happy.

Really looking forward to trying out the new map. I just need to find the time to email them my hondata serial number.
Awesome! You won't be disappointed. Both tunes are great so far. It comes off the line quickly but 3rd and 4th gear just take it to another level in both modes.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Any tune features can be dangerous, BUT if everything is tuned properly then you’ll be good to go without issues. Always comes down to the tune. Aside making sure your parts are installed correctly lol.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
@MAPerformance explained that scramble mode on their tune basically has peak boost hit earlier than what their regular tune has peak boost at. Hopefully they can chime in. From the little bit that I have driven you can definitely feel it in the midrange, it’s great. We will see what the datalogs say next week.
We dialed in Scramble Mode to work with our tune which is why we have two versions of the Stage 1 tune, but @360glitch is correct, as long as it's setup with the tables correctly it won't hurt anything. We saw that as an opportunity to take a potentially dangerous feature and make sure we made it safe for people who want to use that feature.

OP
OP
RODSCIVIC

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've driven over 100 miles on Stage 1 tune, normal mode. The tune is impressive, it feels like 1st and 2nd gear have been improved (not quite sure if there was improvement made on those gears). From 3-6000 rpm the car just pulls, not neck snapping but a smooth buildup, you can definitely feel the improvement in torque. Give it a little bit of throttle and the car picks up without a fuss and fast. MPG has dropped by 1 mpg (Cruising 80 mph on the freeway) which could have been just me having fun on the road. Please keep in mind that this is my daily driver and have no plans of dumping the clutch or testing my 0-60 to see what the tune can do. I will be getting a data log hopefully by the end of the day(on a closed back road). The clutch is holding up fine with no signs of slippage, this is a Stage 1 normal below the 250 torque that the stock clutch is supposed to be able to handle so I wouldn't expect slippage. Data logs incoming!

RunningHot2017

20 years. Smashing gears.
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hmm I would like to compare this tune to the 6+ and 9+ psi tune from Hondata

RunningHot2017

20 years. Smashing gears.
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Also its pretty late, but I took my car out for a 5mile skirmish after I flashed it to the MAPerformance tune. So far this is the best tune to use. I used the 6+ psi tune (after I found them of course) after and I am sure the MAP tune has the better pulls. I am running a max of 24psi boost in normal mode vs the 6+ psi Hondata tune's 22psi max

And by max, I mean thats all my turbo was spooling in 2nd gear. But I will do more testing later this week. So far I have only driven like 10 mins with the tunes.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
I ran the +6 map for a few thousand miles before flashing the +9 map. They are both solid. Looking forward to trying this map to compare.

OP
OP
RODSCIVIC

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've been data logging the Beta Tune from MAPerformance, everything is looking good so far. Peak PSI is at 21.5 from 2200 to 5100 rpm and tapering to about 15 PSI at the top end. AFR looks good too. I have sent the data log back to MAPerformance to see if any adjustments need to be made. No clutch slippage just yet but I think this is as much as the car can handle without changing the clutch. It's a pleasure to drive this car on a daily basis now more so with this tune. Data log is being updated
Sponsored

Last edited: