MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen MAPerformance Intake jT4-DiEjdDv_XkJkgxieEbHGuXm7FE4T2-b2TBu4c9I?dl=0&size=1600x1200&size_mode=3

The MAPerformance Intake will be live for purchase end of the day today or early tomorrow! Depending on how long it takes our website to update!

Our MAPerformance 1.5L Civic SI air intake kit is meticulously crafted at our nearly 50,000sqft facilities right here in Minnesota. Made from high-quality mandrel bent 304 stainless steel tubing our intakes are built to last & optimized to increase both engine efficiency and horsepower output. Offered in raw stainless or wrinkle black finish this intake provides an enhanced appearance to your engine bay while bringing fresh cold air into your engine, making it a great first mod for any 2017+ Civic SI owner. Combining our proprietary in-house fabricated intake tube with a uniquely designed velocity stack & Green Filter USA high flow air filter.

Included in the packaging is all necessary hardware and everything you need to get this baby installed! Also, All MAP fabricated items will carry a limited Lifetime warranty as well!
Sponsored

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The filter doesn’t seem to sit as low in the fender well as the cobra or injen, about how far away from the ground would you say it sits?

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The filter doesn’t seem to sit as low in the fender well as the cobra or injen, about how far away from the ground would you say it sits?
Its at least 3 or 4 inches higher at the lowest point and maybe 6 inches higher at the highest point. I didn't think to measure my cobra before I took it off but that's my best guess. The MAP intake sits noticeably higher which for me is preferred.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Its at least 3 or 4 inches higher at the lowest point and maybe 6 inches higher at the highest point. I didn't think to measure my cobra before I took it off but that's my best guess. The MAP intake sits noticeably higher which for me is preferred.
Yea that would be preferred for me too, awesome thanks for the pics. I’ll have to consider this intake now. How are your iat’s if you’ve been watching them yet?

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea that would be preferred for me too, awesome thanks for the pics. I’ll have to consider this intake now. How are your iat’s if you’ve been watching them yet?
I have not been watching them to be honest... its 100+ every day here so I am sure they are not amazing, that said I think this intake is a good middleground between a SRI and a CAI. I would guess the IATs are in the middle of those two.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have to remove the lower resonator box to install this intake? How are fuel trims?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
+1 on fuel trims question. MAP mentions on their site that his requires a tune. Did you get a custom tune after installing this intake?

Would also be interested in the IAT1 values with the MAP intake. Would you be able to check your KTuner/Hondata under various conditions? My PRL Cobra CAI hovers between 10 and 20 degrees above ambient temp most of the time (slightly more than 20 in heavy traffic, slightly less than 10 during highway cruising). Unfortunately, recent happenings have renewed my concerns that 2-3inches of water could be enough to cause damage if hard spray gets angled just right.

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
Have mine in now, My temp from an extremely modded stock box went up 30 degrees at 94 outside,(correction and will edit pics in, difference was only 10 degrees AND the outside temp was 84 for stock airbix and 94 for the MAP intake so not bad!) so I have gold DEI tape i'm using at lunch to wrap the stainless, then I have the bottom feed pipe i was using to run air to the stock box i'm going to put back in place to help move some air. After the track tonight I will use some of my other intake item and probably mount it in the cold air location which should be pretty easy, the sound IS amazing, had an Injen before.

The Really bad thing IMO is the STFT is 10-12% so I'm about to hit them up and see if they have a config for me to throw in my ktuner before the track tonight! If not will grab one of the others that are out there.

BTW fit, finish, and Filter are amazing! Emailed MAP on here asking about Base tune for Ktuner for Si for the intake, will call them in a few as well as have the mentioned track time tonight! If that doesnt' work out guess I'll be attempting to adjust my MAF curve myself in a few hours.

Adding in pics, outside temp was 84 with the modded stock airbox in first pic, second pic it’s 94 outside with the MAP intake. I just gold wrapped the intake to keep cooler and headed to track tonight so will post results:) Wrap done:)

Honda Civic 10th gen MAPerformance Intake D6D5C15B-1100-4F03-B052-EB91E961EF21

Honda Civic 10th gen MAPerformance Intake CE6AC138-67FF-448F-9072-C5566DE8CE1C

Honda Civic 10th gen MAPerformance Intake 1D855DD7-FEE4-4D33-8A4E-8C2278C10871

Honda Civic 10th gen MAPerformance Intake AC609BEC-C0BF-40AA-8F55-29C9A24B6253

Last edited:

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Have mine in now, My temp from an extremely modded stock box went up 30 degrees at 94 outside,(correction and will edit pics in, difference was only 10 degrees AND the outside temp was 84 for stock airbix and 94 for the MAP intake so not bad!) so I have gold DEI tape i'm using at lunch to wrap the stainless, then I have the bottom feed pipe i was using to run air to the stock box i'm going to put back in place to help move some air. After the track tonight I will use some of my other intake item and probably mount it in the cold air location which should be pretty easy, the sound IS amazing, had an Injen before.

The Really bad thing IMO is the STFT is 10-12% so I'm about to hit them up and see if they have a config for me to throw in my ktuner before the track tonight! If not will grab one of the others that are out there.

BTW fit, finish, and Filter are amazing! Emailed MAP on here asking about Base tune for Ktuner for Si for the intake, will call them in a few as well as have the mentioned track time tonight! If that doesnt' work out guess I'll be attempting to adjust my MAF curve myself in a few hours.

Adding in pics, outside temp was 84 with the modded stock airbox in first pic, second pic it’s 94 outside with the MAP intake. I just gold wrapped the intake to keep cooler and headed to track tonight so will post results:) Wrap done:)

D6D5C15B-1100-4F03-B052-EB91E961EF21.jpeg

CE6AC138-67FF-448F-9072-C5566DE8CE1C.jpeg

1D855DD7-FEE4-4D33-8A4E-8C2278C10871.jpeg

AC609BEC-C0BF-40AA-8F55-29C9A24B6253.jpeg
if its 10% all around then go to the MAF section and add 10% everywhere

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

D6D5C15B-1100-4F03-B052-EB91E961EF21.jpeg

CE6AC138-67FF-448F-9072-C5566DE8CE1C.jpeg

1D855DD7-FEE4-4D33-8A4E-8C2278C10871.jpeg

AC609BEC-C0BF-40AA-8F55-29C9A24B6253.jpeg
Strange, my IATs seem to be high like yours 20-25 over ambient (no gold tape though). but my STFT is 7%. That said I am getting a tune soon so I am not too worried about it. let me know how adding 10% to the MAF values goes.

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Strange, my IATs seem to be high like yours 20-25 over ambient (no gold tape though). but my STFT is 7%. That said I am getting a tune soon so I am not too worried about it. let me know how adding 10% to the MAF values goes.
I haven't' even cranked the car with the tape added to it, will know more about it later today/tonight. I also have KTuner, DP/FP with just a base tune so mine is probably off compared to yours a bit:) I'm not sure the adjustment is that simple, so not doing that till I confirm! I will have laptop at the track though so....

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I haven't' even cranked the car with the tape added to it, will know more about it later today/tonight. I also have KTuner, DP/FP with just a base tune so mine is probably off compared to yours a bit:) I'm not sure the adjustment is that simple, so not doing that till I confirm! I will have laptop at the track though so....
it's that simple if it's all around but if it's not then you would need a 15min datalog of you driving around to scale it

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if its 10% all around then go to the MAF section and add 10% everywhere
This.

It may not be precise but it's going to make your car safer to drive. Running 10% lean is not safe, especially on 91/93 octane. You can get away with more on a high ethanol blend.

I would not consider this a product defect, the intake is going to flow more air, which is good, but a tune is required.

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
MAP responded and are sending me a basemap for the intake:) Will load it up and hit the track in around 4 hours!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.