MAPerformance FK8 Type R Intake PRE-RELEASE Information Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
If @MAPerformance is confident in their intake, they can send me one to test on the street. I’d be able to compare it to my logs with my previous HVI setup and my current Eventuri setup. The HVI and Eventuri are arguably the two best options currently available. I think most people would cross shop this and the HVI though because of price

We are absolutely confident in our product, and I would be happy to work with some more people to validate and review it. I would ask what the plans are for testing and logging, as to get true apples to apples the conditions need to be very similar. Ambient air temp, driving conditions, car conditions, are all huge factors in testing like this. We house a lot of equipment to do testing of this nature, so to be sure everyone is on the same page and we can get quality results I need to beware of what we are working with.

I am happy to have the data to go in either direction, as long as testing is fair! Both PRL and Eventuri make a killer product, and we are not here to talk down on anyone at all. We all have our place in the market, and I for one am pumped about being surrounded by such an awesome group of vendors for this platform.

-Daelen
Sponsored

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Good points. I appreciate that you took the criticism with a level head and made a good and fair counterargument.
I've followed you guys since my DSM days and I've noticed a trend when it come to the use of this material with your parts. I always assumed (especially after the release of the 1.5T intake) that it was more of a "we're comfortable with, and our labor processes support/excel with the use of this material" kind of situation.

Thank you, if we can't take criticism, we will never improve. We will always do our best to keep level-headed and moving forward with everything we do, good and bad.

You are absolutely not wrong at all, we have over the past couple of years been working to improve other core competencies, and we will be seeing the fruits of that labor beginning to pay off soon. If I can take what we're learning here, and shift that into other avenues we will absolutely do so!

-Daelen

SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 WW EVO 9 MR 548AWHP @ 30psi w/ E85; 2018 CBP Civic Type R #21151 - DD
Country flag
Wow this turned into a shit show pretty fast. For those with the 3D printed intakes, keep something in mind, your intakes, are absolutely disgusting.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Wow this turned into a shit show pretty fast. For those with the 3D printed intakes, keep something in mind, your intakes, are absolutely disgusting.
Oof... someone's ignorance is showing. Its called rotomold, not 3d printed.

But you probably have a nice pretty red Injen still.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
We are absolutely confident in our product, and I would be happy to work with some more people to validate and review it. I would ask what the plans are for testing and logging, as to get true apples to apples the conditions need to be very similar. Ambient air temp, driving conditions, car conditions, are all huge factors in testing like this. We house a lot of equipment to do testing of this nature, so to be sure everyone is on the same page and we can get quality results I need to beware of what we are working with.

I am happy to have the data to go in either direction, as long as testing is fair! Both PRL and Eventuri make a killer product, and we are not here to talk down on anyone at all. We all have our place in the market, and I for one am pumped about being surrounded by such an awesome group of vendors for this platform.

-Daelen
I can datalog some highway cruises / typical commute to see what IATs would be observed. I can also do some WOT pulls and log all sensors on the car. I have some HPDE days lined up as well and can do some head to head testing there.

I also recently got my car on the dyno and have some baseline numbers. It would be possible to get the car retuned to account for the different MAF then have it back on the dyno.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
At its price, I think this intake system is going to be a tough sell compared to the HVI which is roughly the same price (I paid less iirc bnib). I dont see it being any issues for people just driving on the street, but would like to see how it performs for HPDE, Autocross, drag racing days.

Proving grounds would be an excellent time to test it out too.

Chandler92

First Name
Chandler Boyer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic si
Country flag
I like it. But I'm always gonna be biased to map sense they helped me so much with my Intake for the si. I love it and if I had a type r I'd buy it. Great work as always.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
they silenced on this.....would like to see an update

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r