MAPerformance FK8 Type R Intake PRE-RELEASE Information Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Cringe. The heatsoak alone from this. It's hideous.

We have updated the above post with Data and information, we have not experienced any heat soak with this intake in many different situations.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
its a little late for april fools.

not sure if you can call an intake made of full metal the best in the industry.
Gonna have to wrap all of that in gold tape lol.

I can understand those feelings, we have provided the above testing and information to show we have not seen any issues with heat soak in all the testing we have done.

If anyone has specific concerns I am absolutely happy to answer and address them.

-Daelen

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
$384.00 ?you think that price should be alittle more competitively less considering ? maybe if you get enough buyers we can see a price reduction?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
$384.00 ?you think that price should be alittle more competitively less considering ? maybe if you get enough buyers we can see a price reduction?

Looking over the market we feel this is priced fairly competitively overall, there is a decent amount of time that goes into a product of this nature From the machining of the billet components to the hand welding of all the stainless parts, it just takes time. We back all the products with a lifetime warranty, and full staff always available to help.

That's not to say we are not always looking at ways to improve our products, we take the feedback seriously and will do what we can to improve. From pricing to looks, to function we will always strive to match the consumer's wants best we can.

-Daelen

Last edited:

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
well damn /

Not only is it the worst material to stick a foot from a 200 degree engine , it looks like back yard staninless pipes :dunno: ?

I am absolutely happy to engage in a conversation over these claims, can you point me to why you feel that its the worst material? As far as looking like a back yard pipe, what makes you feel that way? We are absolutely open to constructive criticism, and will always take that seriously. But, we would always like to hear the reasons.

-Daelen

Last edited:

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looking over the market we feel this is priced fairly competitively overall, there is a decent amount of time that goes into a product of this nature From the machining of the billet components to the hand welding of all the stainless parts, it just takes time. We back all the products with a lifetime warranty, and full staff always available to help.

That's not to say we are not always looking at ways to improve our products, we take the feedback seriously and will do what we can to improve. From pricing to looks, to function we will always strive to match the consumer's wants best we can.
The Information you provided looks solid!

You are taking all this like a champ. I am reserved, but if i were to buy an intake, and you maybe have some kind of special on it. Your intake is the first I would consider purchasing due to its flexiablility running stock, Its uniquely machined steel look, and the flexiablility stock or with a tune. Thank you for bringing this to the community.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
The Information you provided looks solid!

You are taking all this like a champ. I am reserved, but if i were to buy an intake, and you maybe have some kind of special on it. Your intake is the first I would consider purchasing due to its flexiablility running stock, Its uniquely machined steel look, and the flexiablility stock or with a tune. Thank you for bringing this to the community.

I appreciate that, when we make a mistake we are happy to take it on the chin and move forward. Things happen, and we are not here to try and hide that.

Thank you for the kind words on the product, our team puts a lot of work into these, and we are well aware we have some unique options that some people like, and some people do not like. Lots of awesome intake options on the market, so we are just here to offer something a bit different.

If you are interested in one, shoot us a PM and I would be happy to chat about some options!

-Daelen

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I am absolutely happy to engage in a conversation over these claims, can you point me to why you feel that its the worst material? As far as looking like a back yard pipe, what makes you feel that way? We are absolutely open to constructive criticism, and will always take that seriously. But, we would always like to hear the reasons.
Most All of the intakes that utilize a metal housing weren't very cool when it comes to IATs under longer run times which is why a lot of members here aren't so keen on the use of SS; they all seemed to heat soak.

I see that the IATs jump up 4 degrees (if memory serves, I read the OP this morning) in your testing going stock to upgraded intake and you state that this is likely due to the fact that the car is warmer since the upgraded intake is tested second. Have you tested the reverse scenario to show this point by testing the upgraded first, then the stock in the same way you did before to see an equivalent 4 degree IAT jump?

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
In terms of heat conduction

Aluminum: k - 200
SS 304: k - 14
Carbon Fiber epoxy composite: k - 5
ABS plastic: k - 0.21

So not nearly as bad as aluminum but SS304 IMO just adds unnecessary weight and heat when there are better materials available.

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
I - for one - really appreciate your company trying to make performance parts for the FK8. I understand it takes time, people, and above all money. We def. need companies like yours to help improve the FK8 platform.

Please take any criticism in this thread as ways to improve your product. We are all seeking the same; a performance part that is better than what Honda came up with.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I - for one - really appreciate your company trying to make performance parts for the FK8. I understand it takes time, people, and above all money. We def. need companies like yours to help improve the FK8 platform.

Please take any criticism in this thread as ways to improve your product. We are all seeking the same; a performance part that is better than what Honda came up with.
I definitely agree and am happy to see them developing parts. Their exhaust looks really good and is priced well IMO.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I agree i would really love to see a picture of this intake in the Type-R and how it seals to the hood etc.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag

We have all seen the video of Hondata testing intakes... and none of those were made with stainless steel.

So to say its better than what Honda came up with is a MAJOR stretch, especially without dyno sheets to back that up.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.