MAPerformance FK8 Type R Intake PRE-RELEASE Information Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
they silenced on this.....would like to see an update

Hey Guys, My apologies for a bit of silence here. We actually took all this feedback to our design team, and they have some updates for me to share here soon. Couple that with a crazy week around the shop and I honestly just did not have the time to jump in here and give the answers the attention they deserve. Will do so today and share any updates if I have them!

-Daelen
Sponsored

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey Guys, My apologies for a bit of silence here. We actually took all this feedback to our design team, and they have some updates for me to share here soon. Couple that with a crazy week around the shop and I honestly just did not have the time to jump in here and give the answers the attention they deserve. Will do so today and share any updates if I have them!

-Daelen
I hope the update includes Cerakote on the entire thing

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Hopefully, this is an even better update than Cerakote would be.

The concept of this had been on the table for a bit, and after the feedback here we decided to put a lot of other work on hold and dig deep to get a working prototype ASAP to report back with. Dimensionally the constraints and sizes are all the same as our stainless manufactured pieces, but with cast aluminum and plastic as the materials. Our product development team has put in a lot of hours the past few weeks getting this ready for input, and I would love to hear your thoughts.

Pictured is the initial scan and render, and the prototype 3D printed pieces we have now been running on the car with great success. We have had the car on the dyno, and street driving and we are very pleased with the power and performance as it sits.

The box seals on the hood following the factory seal flanges and utilizes our large filter and velocity stack design with a few changes to make the tube a single-piece design. Cool air is fed from the factory grill location so no fears of IATs as you guys have noted in past responses.

-Daelen

Honda Civic 10th gen MAPerformance FK8 Type R Intake PRE-RELEASE Information Post! TYPERINPROTO-6

Honda Civic 10th gen MAPerformance FK8 Type R Intake PRE-RELEASE Information Post! TYPERINPROTO-7

Honda Civic 10th gen MAPerformance FK8 Type R Intake PRE-RELEASE Information Post! TYPERINPROTO-5

Honda Civic 10th gen MAPerformance FK8 Type R Intake PRE-RELEASE Information Post! TYPERINPROTO-4

Honda Civic 10th gen MAPerformance FK8 Type R Intake PRE-RELEASE Information Post! TYPERINPROTO-3

Honda Civic 10th gen MAPerformance FK8 Type R Intake PRE-RELEASE Information Post! TYPERINPROTO-2

Honda Civic 10th gen MAPerformance FK8 Type R Intake PRE-RELEASE Information Post! TYPERINPROTO-1

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
Pretty badass y’all went back to the drawing board that quick. Liking the new design ??

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hopefully, this is an even better update than Cerakote would be.

The concept of this had been on the table for a bit, and after the feedback here we decided to put a lot of other work on hold and dig deep to get a working prototype ASAP to report back with. Dimensionally the constraints and sizes are all the same as our stainless manufactured pieces, but with cast aluminum and plastic as the materials. Our product development team has put in a lot of hours the past few weeks getting this ready for input, and I would love to hear your thoughts.

Pictured is the initial scan and render, and the prototype 3D printed pieces we have now been running on the car with great success. We have had the car on the dyno, and street driving and we are very pleased with the power and performance as it sits.

The box seals on the hood following the factory seal flanges and utilizes our large filter and velocity stack design with a few changes to make the tube a single-piece design. Cool air is fed from the factory grill location so no fears of IATs as you guys have noted in past responses.

-Daelen
It's great to hear you are listening to our feedback. Will that seal with the hood? Maybe I'm looking at it weird but it looks it would not.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
It's great to hear you are listening to our feedback. Will that seal with the hood? Maybe I'm looking at it weird but it looks it would not.

The contour follows the hood nearly perfectly, with just enough squish on the rubber seal to make sure all is happy. We have a 3D scan of the hood we use to verify fitment, and then test on the car to validate all is as planned!

-Daelen

02DC5(410)

The woking man is a sucker
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2018 Civic Si Sedan(US)/2004 Honda Fit (JPN) Owned: 2017 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2002 RSX Type-S, 2002 Accord EX V6, 92 Civic LX Sedan, 1991 Integra Sedan, 1991 Civic Si, 1989 Civic DX hatchback
Country flag
Is this the V2 or a completely different system? I just installed your guy’s V1 intake this past Monday and ran into some hood clearance issues. Could be my year Type R?

JJK18

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
You replaced the two metal pipes that are welded together with one attaching to the intake tube (Now a rubber hose in your pictures)? I don't see the second metal line in the pictures, how are you rerouting it? Will this have any negative effect on the system?

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The newest revision looks pretty wicked, that filter is massive. Looks like a well thought out intake, hope we see it on the market soon. The MAPerformance exhaust looked like it knocked it out of the park, so this intake looks just as good.

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
The contour follows the hood nearly perfectly, with just enough squish on the rubber seal to make sure all is happy. We have a 3D scan of the hood we use to verify fitment, and then test on the car to validate all is as planned!

-Daelen
There's a gap in the gasket in two places, which means it will pull in hot air from the engine bay. It does mean more air than the snorkel, though. The stock one does have an opening on the "cold" side of the intake.

For example, the PRL intake has a little wedge missing where it does not completely seal.

Note the bottom left near the bump stop.
Honda Civic 10th gen MAPerformance FK8 Type R Intake PRE-RELEASE Information Post! thermal-prl_hvi_without_wedge

Then I filled the missing wedge:
Honda Civic 10th gen MAPerformance FK8 Type R Intake PRE-RELEASE Information Post! thermal-prl_hvi_with_wedge

This is why I ask and how nuts I am.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
There's a gap in the gasket in two places, which means it will pull in hot air from the engine bay. It does mean more air than the snorkel, though. The stock one does have an opening on the "cold" side of the intake.

For example, the PRL intake has a little wedge missing where it does not completely seal.

Note the bottom left near the bump stop.
thermal-prl_hvi_without_wedge.jpg

Then I filled the missing wedge:
thermal-prl_hvi_with_wedge.jpg

This is why I ask and how nuts I am.
where did you fill it?

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 01 C5 Corvette, 12 Audi TTRS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll be waiting for it it to hit the market and get public feed back on it before i pull the trigger on buying an intake. This one and the PRL are on my top 2 for intakes so far.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag

-Daelen
how easy to clean the filter?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.