Maperformance exhaust opinion

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
I went street exhaust simply because I didn't want to be too over the top. My commute is mostly highway, and I typically cruise around 2500 rpm with no drone. Pops and burbles are usually in that 1st to 2nd shift, especially if you have rev hang enabled (or no tune at all). Since most of the drone is eliminated by the resonator, you'd be fine with the race version if you want it loud.
Sponsored

CivicSiNJ

First Name
Hampsen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Installing the exhaust is a pain though. Just to say is the resonator always hits the heat shield and if you adjust it not t hit the heat shield, it will hang low so you would have to deal with the resonator hitting the heat shield.

edit: and if you have it hit the heat shield the tips wont be even at the end, that is with mine but its slight difference that it does not bother me unless you're OCD about it being perfect.

Last edited:

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I agree with this. I had to fiddle around with the angle of the pipes for longer than I would have liked but it was also kind of rewarding once I finally got it all lined up. It's still not 100% perfect IMO but it doesn't bother me enough at this point to make me crawl back underneath the car and mess with it again. I eliminated the resonator rattling against the heat shield and also got the tips perfectly centered in the cutout. It's the pipe between both resonators that hangs low for me. I think I could improve it but at this point I have learned to accept it. I'm not lowered and I haven't scraped any part of the exhaust on anything in the last 1k miles since I put it on so I think I am OK.

Honda Civic 10th gen Maperformance exhaust opinion yGv8NtHl

CivicSiNJ

First Name
Hampsen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I agree with this. I had to fiddle around with the angle of the pipes for longer than I would have liked but it was also kind of rewarding once I finally got it all lined up. It's still not 100% perfect IMO but it doesn't bother me enough at this point to make me crawl back underneath the car and mess with it again. I eliminated the resonator rattling against the heat shield and also got the tips perfectly centered in the cutout. It's the pipe between both resonators that hangs low for me. I think I could improve it but at this point I have learned to accept it. I'm not lowered and I haven't scraped any part of the exhaust on anything in the last 1k miles since I put it on so I think I am OK.

yGv8NtHl.jpg
Yeah I am on D2 Springs and at first I had it hanging low, till I went over a speed bump and it was yanked off. Broke a V-Band. Took off the exhaust haven't put it on since. :confused:

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installing the exhaust is a pain though. Just to say is the resonator always hits the heat shield and if you adjust it not t hit the heat shield, it will hang low so you would have to deal with the resonator hitting the heat shield.

edit: and if you have it hit the heat shield the tips wont be even at the end, that is with mine but its slight difference that it does not bother me unless you're OCD about it being perfect.

yGv8NtHl.jpg
I third these. I was able to stop it rattling the heat shield, but the trade off was that it (seemingly) hangs lower than I'd like. I prefer that to a heat shield vibration.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Yeah I am on D2 Springs and at first I had it hanging low, till I went over a speed bump and it was yanked off. Broke a V-Band. Took off the exhaust haven't put it on since. :confused:
Damn! That's total suck. You are running factory exhaust now?

CivicSiNJ

First Name
Hampsen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Damn! That's total suck. You are running factory exhaust now?[/QUOTE Yeah for like a month I hate it, I like my cars loud. I'm going to put it back on and just deal with the rattle even though its very annoying. The speed bump was unusually high to.

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
I third these. I was able to stop it rattling the heat shield, but the trade off was that it (seemingly) hangs lower than I'd like. I prefer that to a heat shield vibration.
Oh man, I really just thought I screwed up when I installed it because that one pipe hangs down a little. Glad to know I'm not alone! And yeah, if I felt like replacing the locking nuts and crawling under my car I might mess with it once the weather warms up, but for now it's not worth the trouble.

kwakkwak17

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 4DR sedan
Country flag
Im on eibach prokit with this exhaust and the only time the exhaust bottoms out is when I go over speed bumps. Other than that its fine and sounds good!
I have the race version

NeptuneOg1

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
So how did you guys fix the rattle? I installed the street exhaust and it rattles before coming to a complete stop or when rpms drop lets say below 2k. Also fitmen is not great... it has a gap between the diffuser and the tips.. not liking it. It sound really good tho.

Bail

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si
Country flag
Can anybody weigh in on what the street exhaust is like with a catless dp? Have had the exhaust for almost a year now and plan on going catless in the spring.

NeptuneOg1

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Can anybody weigh in on what the street exhaust is like with a catless dp? Have had the exhaust for almost a year now and plan on going catless in the spring.
It's not too loud honestly. I am catless and it sounds pretty good. I was about to get the stealth exhaust cause I thought it would be too loud but street version is actually decent.

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
had to weld my exhaust. i am on d2 lowering springs and the pervious owner was low and bent the v-band. stock height i had no problem even tho it hangs low. once i installed the lowering springs it became a nightmare tbh.

NeptuneOg1

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
had to weld my exhaust. i am on d2 lowering springs and the pervious owner was low and bent the v-band. stock height i had no problem even tho it hangs low. once i installed the lowering springs it became a nightmare tbh.
Yea.. seems like I'll be selling this exhaust and go with invidia tbh... fitment with maperformance is not great and the rattling just seems to be getting worse

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
Yea.. seems like I'll be selling this exhaust and go with invidia tbh... fitment with maperformance is not great and the rattling just seems to be getting worse
that is my issue at the moment the rattling. not sure what it is. i lift the car give it some gas and still cannot find where the rattling is coming from. honestly been thinking of get the hks Exhaust.
Sponsored