Maperformance catback installed

Thugnificent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Type R
Country flag
Has anyone else installed this exhaust on their car? I just installed it on my car today and for the most part everything sounds good. However, I noticed a bit of rattle noise when driving 80+. Was wondering if anyone ran into this issue also.
Sponsored

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Has anyone else installed this exhaust on their car? I just installed it on my car today and for the most part everything sounds good. However, I noticed a bit of rattle noise when driving 80+. Was wondering if anyone ran into this issue also.
at what RPM range do you hear it? and do you have a downpipe?

Im not too familiar with MAP's exhaust but I can say my AWE TE with catless added lots more NVH and i get an awkward vibration throughout the cabin at a certain speed/rpm.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Check out Cameron Hill on YouTube. He was one of the first to get the MAP cat back and also had some noises that a muffler shop had to adjust and ultimately fix.

OP
OP

Thugnificent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Type R
Country flag
Check out Cameron Hill on YouTube. He was one of the first to get the MAP cat back and also had some noises that a muffler shop had to adjust and ultimately fix.
I seen his videos on the exhaust, my noises aren't constant like his. His issue seem to be that part of his exhaust was hitting the heat shielding underneath. My seems to have enough clearance and only hear it when pulling really hard or driving 80+ on the highway.

Dejavu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
Any Sound Clips :D What are your thoughts on it except for the rattling thingy.

OP
OP

Thugnificent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Type R
Country flag
I figured out what the rattling issue was. The new exhaust was just the right frequency to make my license plate cover to rattle lol. Wasted like two hours adjusting it for nothing.

Any Sound Clips :D What are your thoughts on it except for the rattling thingy.
Exhaust sounds really good overall. Deep tone and sounds like OEM when you're just cruising. I recorded some clips with my phone, not sure how to post it.

OsirisPalko

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Is it frontpipe back or catback (replacing frontpipe)?

Are the clips too large to upload with the attach files button?

OP
OP

Thugnificent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Type R
Country flag
Is it frontpipe back or catback (replacing frontpipe)?

Are the clips too large to upload with the attach files button?
Its a catback. I'm on a stock front pipe.
I attached some vids of it. Sorry for the crap quality.

Attachments

xsichris

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey . How is the drone at highway speeds and can you record a cold start if possible?
I have the r400 but it’s way too loud for me so I’d like to sell it and try something else, Thanks !

Last edited:
OP
OP

Thugnificent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Type R
Country flag
Hey . How is the drone at highway speeds and can you record a cold start if possible?
I have the r400 but it’s way too loud for me so I’d like to sell it and try something else, Thanks !
The drone is barely noticeable at highway speeds, if you have any music playing you won't hear it. I don't know how loud the r400 so I can't say if its quieter or louder than that. This exhaust isn't super quiet though if you're looking for that. I think the 2nd clip I attached is a cold start. I'll try to get some better recordings this weekend.

xsichris

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The drone is barely noticeable at highway speeds, if you have any music playing you won't hear it. I don't know how loud the r400 so I can't say if its quieter or louder than that. This exhaust isn't super quiet though if you're looking for that. I think the 2nd clip I attached is a cold start. I'll try to get some better recordings this weekend.
Awesome, thanks for the reply.
I did call MAPerformance and they also recommended I got the Q300 instead , they said their exhaust has almost no drone but if I want something quieter I should go with the Q300
Problem is it’s backordered at moment so we’ll see I guess but thanks for all the info and video clips
Sponsored