MAPerformance - 500+WHP Civic Si on Stock Bottom End! Excited to Share!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daelen@MAP

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Daelen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
This is great guys, I love the set up of this bigger turbo, any plans on making a kit to sale with a little smaller turbo for us DD guys?

Absolutely, the whole design of the kit is to make it compatible from the GT2860 all the way up to the GTX3071 and anything in between giving customers lots of options on the turbo side. We will also be looking into options for the different covers as that is only a piping change in our kit.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Nothin’ like launching slightly above 4500rpm . Will literally scream from there...all that head work and porting is surely considerably increasing the breathing. For a more street-able configuration the Gen2 GTX 2867R is probably the way to go. But I do understand the use of the 3071 for not only the launch but the curve as well..
Very nice tinkering!!

BTW, I’ll guess a 10.8s ET with a trap of 130mph “ish” :)
should be going to the track soon and see what she does

turbo dragon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI X
Country flag
Absolutely, the whole design of the kit is to make it compatible from the GT2860 all the way up to the GTX3071 and anything in between giving customers lots of options on the turbo side. We will also be looking into options for the different covers as that is only a piping change in our kit.
i cant wait to see the options and how much this is going to set me back.

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ETA on when preorder info will drop, pricing, etc? Do you have a target release window for this kit?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
ETA on when preorder info will drop, pricing, etc? Do you have a target release window for this kit?
i dont not have an exact date to give out at the moment, but i should have something soon

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the quick replay and update!

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
mild port and valve springs
Did you find that the porting had any negative impact? I've read that direct injection requires that the air coming in be "tumbled" to ensure proper mixture. I've seen speculation that removing the shelf in the intake that creates this air tumble (for the purpose of increasing flow) could reduce responsiveness and MPG, but I haven't read anything definitive from someone who has actually done it. I'm very curious how it turned out.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
To be honest... doesn't really resonate with me... performance gains actually increased noticeably and significantly... and really, when you think about it... boosted applications really are their own animal... air is always under pressure and the more you can introduce, the better. Hydraulic efficiency plus increase in volume will have a net positive benefit.

Did you find that the porting had any negative impact? I've read that direct injection requires that the air coming in be "tumbled" to ensure proper mixture. I've seen speculation that removing the shelf in the intake that creates this air tumble (for the purpose of increasing flow) could reduce responsiveness and MPG, but I haven't read anything definitive from someone who has actually done it. I'm very curious how it turned out.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.