Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
CWJtZ5AUYAAnNcy.jpg

Ambient of 111 today, can't imagine what my IAT's were as I was sitting in traffic but the heat soak is getting really bad.

Are we talking weeks or months here before release?
yea it was bad this past week in MN as well lol
Sponsored

Nitori

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2016 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
yea it was bad this past week in MN as well lol
Monsoon rain is going to have to suffice as my intercooler spray. :rofl:

In the meantime can you share any more specifics as far as core footprint and/or spacing vs stock components? (Specifically, will it be spaced a bit forwards of stock to avoid condenser/radiator heat soak?)

What about the stock air guide that sticks out on the passenger's side, I can't seem to fathom if that air guide is just to equalize high/low pressure somewhere, cool something else, or if it's actually like the Ford Focus RS Intercooler where it's partially "blanked" on the hot side to stop condensation from occurring.

... not that it would be an issue in my case considering I live in the desert.:yes:

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m looking for a bolt on solution that retains the stock piping and doesn’t force me to trim the stock ducting. Hoping this will be the answer.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
I’m looking for a bolt on solution that retains the stock piping and doesn’t force me to trim the stock ducting. Hoping this will be the answer.
Yes this will be a direct replacement for stock intercooler

Nitori

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes this will be a direct replacement for stock intercooler
I'm looking at the production pictures again and I'm a little confused, it looks like the cold side exit has a flange for a silicon hose, not the bolt on connection that is stock... are there different versions that are coming out??

Still looking forward to seeing how this turns out even though I bought an Agency Power intercooler... I had to trim stock ducting, which I didn't think was a big deal until I looked at the price Honda wants for the OEM pieces!!
Honda Civic 10th gen MAP Product Preview #2 - Billet Endtank Intercooler for 1.5T Civic tenor

But oh my lord that stock IC is so bad! Even if the AP isn't as good as the MAP, the difference an aftermarket intercooler makes in baking hot 115 degree weather is amazing.

Not even joking, the AC even blows colder!:spaz: Larger thermal mass and/or better flow is a godsend!

Aegean303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
How much of a difference will it affect temp if I just change the ic and keep the stock pipe?

Nitori

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How much of a difference will it affect temp if I just change the ic and keep the stock pipe?
Flow through an IC pipe hardly has any effect on the temperature, and plastic piping is actually pretty good at avoiding heat soak as well. So, to answer your question: basically no effect whatsoever.

The reason you'd want to change pipes would be larger diameter flow volume if you are turning up the boost- the stock pipes are very conservatively sized.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There may even be a difference in compressible volume with more robust pipe materials. This would also allow for greater flow from less turbulence

The reason you'd want to change pipes would be larger diameter flow volume if you are turning up the boost- the stock pipes are very conservatively sized.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
All the cooling aspecs would be coming from the intercooler stock piping would still do good
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.