First Name
Juice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 LX Sedan
Country flag
So that
Everything is there already, you just need to connect two wires together and that is it
you can follow these steps
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/diy-lx-map-light-turn-on-with-dome-light.17429/
or this, it is not Civic, it is Fit, but gives the idea what needs to be done
So that answers my one question. The white connector is already there. Watched the Fit video a few times. According to that video, is there a specific type of wire, connector and terminal to use?

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So that

So that answers my one question. The white connector is already there. Watched the Fit video a few times. According to that video, is there a specific type of wire, connector and terminal to use?
I used 18ga wire, but I didn't use any terminals, I used 3m scotchlok to cut into a wire on the rear dome light

Honda Civic 10th gen Map light mod image-3-e1455242517168

the27thaxe

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I used 18ga wire, but I didn't use any terminals, I used 3m scotchlok to cut into a wire on the rear dome light

image-3-e1455242517168.jpeg
A word of caution when doing this, make sure you use dialectic grease (some of these come pre loaded) and then wrap that sucker in electrical tape. I had a bad experience with one that was not tapped. It corroded, badly.

JuiceStainD

First Name
Juice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 LX Sedan
Country flag

image-3-e1455242517168.jpeg
So any 18 gauge wire will do?

A word of caution when doing this, make sure you use dialectic grease (some of these come pre loaded) and then wrap that sucker in electrical tape. I had a bad experience with one that was not tapped. It corroded, badly.
Damn.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
corroded because of humidity or just happens? I just checked mine and it is as good as new

the27thaxe

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
corroded because of humidity or just happens? I just checked mine and it is as good as new
Is not something that happens right away but yeah its mostly due to humidity. In my case (this was a previous car) i had used them to run Halo's off of the running light feed so they would be on even if the headlights where not. One day I realized I lost them on the one side. I fiddle with the wire and it fell out of the clip all covered in corrosion like you would get from a battery terminal. Those Connections should also be taped up so that vibrations dont allow the wire to back out over time, which is another issue I've had even when using plies to press the metal part all the way down.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Is not something that happens right away but yeah its mostly due to humidity. In my case (this was a previous car) i had used them to run Halo's off of the running light feed so they would be on even if the headlights where not. One day I realized I lost them on the one side. I fiddle with the wire and it fell out of the clip all covered in corrosion like you would get from a battery terminal. Those Connections should also be taped up so that vibrations dont allow the wire to back out over time, which is another issue I've had even when using plies to press the metal part all the way down.
so you used them outside the car?

JuiceStainD

First Name
Juice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 LX Sedan
Country flag

PHubb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX, 2012 Accord
Country flag
Thanks @kurt1000rr This is a simple, but excellent mod. Honda left out so many simple convenience items on the LX models (glove box light, adjustable intermittent wipers, etc.). It took <1/2 hour to do this. Fishing the wire back to front was a bit tricky, but patience was key to success. I'm happy with this mod - it makes a difference getting into car @ night.
Honda Civic 10th gen Map light mod Interior light modification resize
Sponsored

Last edited: