Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen MAP EVO X Oil Cooler Kit for Honda Civic X 1.5t IMG_5590

Honda Civic 10th gen MAP EVO X Oil Cooler Kit for Honda Civic X 1.5t IMG_5589

Civic X Oil Cooler Kit - This one is a kit I am extraordinarily proud of. We recognize that many, if not most of these Civic X's are going to end up being road raced or auto crossed rather than being drag raced. We do have a storied background in drag racing, and I think it is natural that we look at cars with a rather singular vision, but it is always important to take feedback from our customers and apply our abilities and passion to create a product that will speak to them. To that end, we have developed a large capacity oil cooler kit for the Honda Civic 1.5t powered platforms that I believe will be the absolute best kit available on the market.

Where does our kit shine? Well, to start out... there isn't much in the way of options for the platform and the existing offering apply a simple sandwich style adapter to gain the oil passageways access necessary to feed and return from an oil cooler. Why is this a problem? Use of even the simplest and thinnest adapter will cause the oil filter to hang below the front cross member... SIGNIFICANTLY. That means that you cant use your factory undershield and if you hit speed bump or a pot hole, the oil filter is going to take the complete impact.

Honda Civic 10th gen MAP EVO X Oil Cooler Kit for Honda Civic X 1.5t IMG_5578

Honda Civic 10th gen MAP EVO X Oil Cooler Kit for Honda Civic X 1.5t IMG_5577

Honda Civic 10th gen MAP EVO X Oil Cooler Kit for Honda Civic X 1.5t IMG_5583

Honda Civic 10th gen MAP EVO X Oil Cooler Kit for Honda Civic X 1.5t IMG_5582

Our kit uses an in house designed and absolutely purpose built solution which changed the orientation of the oil filter. Essentially, you bolt the base plate on like any ordinary sandwich plate, but that is just the base, the top portion bolts on to that base place, sealed by o-rings... once fitted, the oil filter is angled away and forward allowing it to clear the undertray AND it is no longer hanging below anything... it is safe. We even added a port for (end user choice) aftermarket oil pressure gauges or oil temp gauges.

Honda Civic 10th gen MAP EVO X Oil Cooler Kit for Honda Civic X 1.5t IMG_5587

Honda Civic 10th gen MAP EVO X Oil Cooler Kit for Honda Civic X 1.5t IMG_5592

Beyond all that, we also use top a top notch high capacity Setrab oil cooler which in total, adds almost a full quart of oil to your oiling system. This system is also completely compatible with all existing MAP components so you can rest assured that you can complete your dream build and mix and match any components you see fit without worry of one part interfering with another.

Honda Civic 10th gen MAP EVO X Oil Cooler Kit for Honda Civic X 1.5t image_1

Last edited:

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Looking forward to the dirty details ;)

Price
Temperature comparisons

0 doubt it'll do the job :thumbsup:

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
This looks Great!!!:love::thumbsup:

JC671

Youtube: JaySi.671
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI, '90 GTR, '10 370z, '90 Mr2 Turbo
Country flag
How many row setrab core is this?

JC671

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’ve had a 34row setrab oil cooler kit in my 370z previously and all I can say is it did wonders for my oil temp and oil life. 370z’s were notorious for running hot and burning oil. The oil temp always controlled when the ECU would start pulling timing as the oil temps got hotter thus Lessing how much power you lost as it got hotter or after each pass on the drag strip.

I’m just sad that KTuner doesn’t currently have a engine oil temp sensor and one doesn’t come stock to monitor this parameter.

I’m excited about this and am following closely. Great job @MAPerformance and thank you for your continued support to our platform.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Thank you all for the feed back :) @JC671 Setrab's are simply THE BOMB!, we actually accounted for KTUNER not having that sensor, which is why we included a provision for a temp/pressure sensor on the filter adapter. We have a large variety of gauges as well we keep in house that we can ship with these kits if you choose to monitor these parameters. Would you like to see a drop down perhaps on our site for a the gauge/sensor combo we recommend the most on the listing of this part when we do upload it to our site ? Any feedback is appreciated

LEO @ MAP

JC671

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you all for the feed back :) @JC671 Setrab's are simply THE BOMB!, we actually accounted for KTUNER not having that sensor, which is why we included a provision for a temp/pressure sensor on the filter adapter. We have a large variety of gauges as well we keep in house that we can ship with these kits if you choose to monitor these parameters. Would you like to see a drop down perhaps on our site for a the gauge/sensor combo we recommend the most on the listing of this part when we do upload it to our site ? Any feedback is appreciated

LEO @ MAP
Yes, please add options for that. Amazing job again @MAPerformance... Let’s get a group by started.

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yes, please add options for that. Amazing job again @MAPerformance... Let’s get a group by started.
If we are doing another group buy I want to see a cheesy line about outside temps rising and keeping our cars running cold. Also a combo group buy with intercooler / oil cooler would definitely be pretty cool.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great work ! But i would have changed the location of the sensor holes .This way the sensors are facing down and are close to The ground.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
DUDE!!!!! Now that you mention it... I have JUST the pitch for you!

"Global warming is real...because the deals are getting TOO hot to pass up! Come on down to Crazy MAP's Oil Cooler Kit Emporium to get those temps under control. Keep those temps as low as your blood pressure when you see the blow out discount prices. We deliver smiles for miles and you can spend safe and secure in the knowledge that MAP is the place to BEAT the HEAT!"

BAM

If we are doing another group buy I want to see a cheesy line about outside temps rising and keeping our cars running cold. Also a combo group buy with intercooler / oil cooler would definitely be pretty cool.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Great points! It should be mentioned that the pictured unit is actually a prototype we were using to determine good locations for sensors... I think we can only get the ONE in there... the lower one, as you mentioned, wouldn't allow us to easily fit the under tray back in so it is deleted... the other two plugs are actually plugs to cover and seal the bolts that bolt the adapter together. Only the upper sensor location will be in the production unit... really, there just isn't much space to work with in that area

Honda Civic 10th gen MAP EVO X Oil Cooler Kit for Honda Civic X 1.5t explai

Great work ! But i would have changed the location of the sensor holes .This way the sensors are facing down and are close to The ground.

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
DUDE!!!!! Now that you mention it... I have JUST the pitch for you!

"Global warming is real...because the deals are getting TOO hot to pass up! Come on down to Crazy MAP's Oil Cooler Kit Emporium to get those temps under control. Keep those temps as low as your blood pressure when you see the blow out discount prices. We deliver smiles for miles and you can spend safe and secure in the knowledge that MAP is the place to BEAT the HEAT!"

BAM
I'm sold.

R.Andre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I'll be waiting for this kit patiently. Hopefully it comes before summer ends. Radiator and this will be perfect for this CA heat.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.