CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
same here, I would also want to have this part.
I think it will come out on aliexpress soon. I tried to watch behind but i could not read anything. The cover is held in place by 2 pins, one at the top and one at the bottom, where there are holes in the steel bracket. Are there the holes in the American version?

Reactions: rvm

rvm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 LX
I think it will come out on aliexpress soon. I tried to watch behind but i could not read anything. The cover is held in place by 2 pins, one at the top and one at the bottom, where there are holes in the steel bracket. Are there the holes in the American version?
I see only this one :(

Honda Civic 10th gen Manual TURBO 1472431020961-243572555

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see only this one :(

1472431020961-243572555.jpg
If i remember right they are in the positions marked in red. It can be possible to install in other ways, even just cutting away the pins and sticking 3M double side tape should be strong enough.
The wires left uncovered are really too ugly, especially on a lighter color car!!!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Manual TURBO cover

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm so happy to drive a manual again after many years!
I use the brakes only when i need to, i am able to control and mantain the speed exactly as needed and i save a ton of fuel. Thanks to brake hold function is even easier than an automatic in heavy traffic, since i only have to press the clutch for a few moments instead of keeping my right foot on the brake all the time. Keepin an eye to the trip computer I noticed how much gas is wasted at idle, using the start-stop function improves fuel economy more than i thought! It seems from the reviews that American cars dont have this function, probably because of the different traffic conditions?
The Econ button is almost like a "turbo off" switch, the engine changes completely, but i cannot uet tell if really helps to save fuel or only keeps you safe from speeding tickets:p

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed chrome door handle covers and chrome mirror accents. I like it this way, all the cheap mods i had planned are done!
I will drive it for a while and will see if something else needs upgrades. I set a new fuel economy record of 3,6 l/100km on my 20km office-home drive!

Honda Civic 10th gen Manual TURBO ima

TenGen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6 Speed
Looks like the manual scoots, or has very short gears, id like to see a video of detailed pulls. 0-60mph 40-80mph 0-100mph. Obviously in kmh but yeah you get the point. Also in the video cruising speed 70mph/120kmh 6th gear would be neat

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like the manual scoots, or has very short gears, id like to see a video of detailed pulls. 0-60mph 40-80mph 0-100mph. Obviously in kmh but yeah you get the point. Also in the video cruising speed 70mph/120kmh 6th gear would be neat
It definitely has power and needs all the gears one after another when accelerating. The gears feel short but I think it's because it has a lot of low torque and revs easily up to the limiter. Power is very linear and with the very quiet exhaust is not easy to feel what RPM you are at, and if you don't look at the tachometer all the time and you are used to NA engines is easy to hit the rev limiter the first times. I need to drive it more to be able to get the best out of it. I will film more driving and post about performance impressions, I will finally end the 1000Km break-in this afternoon afternoon on my way home, I can't wait to see what it can really do!

P.S. I put back the chinese lucky red ribbons on the mirrors because when i removed them I was immediately rear-ended. Chinese traditions have a meaning after all....

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A beautiful sunset and ugly traffic!
1000km on the clock tomorrow morning and the fun will begin:cool:

TenGen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6 Speed
You got rear ended? Ouch man that sucks how much damage was done?

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You got rear ended? Ouch man that sucks how much damage was done?
Fortunately only small scratches, after a good touch up and polish it's almost impossible to see them

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Very easy to put some stress on the transmission
I got the car in '90 and it's still fine. I didn't mean put all your weight on it. Just rest it there until your done shifting for awhile, so you don't keep having to move it from the steering wheel to the shifter. The way I suggested is how I've seen all my friends drive as well. To each his own.
Sponsored