Manual TURBO

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here finally my new cosmic blue MANUALTURBO! I took delivery of the car last night after waiting for 3 weeks + 1 week for registration. Pretty good considering the average is currently 3 months!
The first impressions are extremely positive on build quality, engine, transmission ecc..
This morning on the first ride to work i had a fuel consumption of 5L/100Km, of course this is possible only with an extremely light foot and following the indications form the dash green/white lights, which i was very impressed with, they are really useful to understand how to improve your driving efficiency. Very welcome on the manual version.
I did not find any of the assembly problems common on the early chinese cars: inconsistent sealant over welds, bad door and hood gaps, thin paint with orange peel..... The factory improved a lot!
I found the following differences compared to the American version:
-HDMI port : I tried to connect a tablet but apparently nothing happened
-Taillights have a shorter LED strip to leave room for the rear foglight on the bottom
-6 speed MANUAL gearbox!
-Different cupholder and armerst setup
-Trim is similar to the american EX, but there are some differences
-Trunk badges
-No sidemarkers, clear indicator lens

I added carpet floor mats, door sills with logo and i have on order other small accessories. This weekend i will take better pictures with the camera and add some other details. Very happy!

Honda Civic 10th gen Manual TURBO 10568453196553990

Honda Civic 10th gen Manual TURBO 25953297463275096

Honda Civic 10th gen Manual TURBO 373281960623164652

Honda Civic 10th gen Manual TURBO 131957736832468436

Honda Civic 10th gen Manual TURBO 270941860967708541

Honda Civic 10th gen Manual TURBO 659730228340097232

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you change the info screen to Chinese?
Yeah it has 2 languages, but i can't read Chinese well enough unfortunately, so the very first thing i did was switching to english. The language selection is right on the alert message at startup!

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed the door sills with Civic logo and turn signal bulbs painted with high temperature silver spray can. They are almost as bright as the original, in the picture the silver bulb is on drivers side, original on the passenger side, I will keep an eye on those to make sure the paint will not burn:rolleyes:

Honda Civic 10th gen Manual TURBO 59980842522216004

Honda Civic 10th gen Manual TURBO 544367356160868027

Honda Civic 10th gen Manual TURBO 518369459136940590

DrivenSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Fit
How does it drive? Is the power pretty linear and does it feel strong till redline? At what RPM does the engine really start to perk up and feel strong? Sorry very excited to hear impressions on the 1.5 with manual :D

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I found the following differences compared to the American version:
-HDMI port : I tried to connect a tablet but apparently nothing happened
-Taillights have a shorter LED strip to leave room for the rear foglight on the bottom
-6 speed MANUAL gearbox!
-Different cupholder and armerst setup
-Trim is similar to the american EX, but there are some differences
-Trunk badges
-No sidemarkers, clear indicator lens
You've got parking sensors too... :(

Like @DrivenSoul said - how's the power feel?

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You've got parking sensors too... :(

Like @DrivenSoul said - how's the power feel?
No parking sensors on your cars? I have sensors and camera. Also an HDMI port that i didn't find a way to use. I believe my rear door panels are different too: i have soft touch plastic at the top, an aluminum stripe and cloth finish, same as the front.
Yesterday for the first time I tried to push the accelerator a bit more. I can only say that this car is AMAZING!! There is always power, i went just a bit over 5000 RPM and was still pulling strong, then i calmed down because i only have done 200 Km so far and I was already well over the speed limit :D I tried two standing starts with and without traction control and in both cases the wheels spin in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear, it is useless to rev over 2000 RPM before taking off. No torque steering at all, almost doesn't feel like a FWD car.
I still haven't figured out the right foot position for heel/toe, the pedals are not really in the ideal location, I will practice more and I will eventually find a way to control more accurately brake and gas.
The thing i like the most is the low torque, I am able to cruise at 55-60 Km/h in 6th gear just over 1000 RPM without any problem, it takes some time to get used to because even in slow traffic she takes higher gears and if you really want to save fuel you have to change all 6 gears before 60 km/h, following the indications of the green lights. Boost gauge is always ZERO when driving economically. The ECON button cuts power and slows throttle response, it seems the turbo kicks in at higher RPM, i have seen 3000 without any boost
By the way cosmic blue is really hard to keep clean compared to my white cars. After 3 days looks completely trashed:( I am going to wash it for the first of many times this afternoon, fortunately here car wash is extremely cheap, i can get a good exterior- interior hand wash for 3$:cool:

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I took some better shots after the wash this afternoon!

Honda Civic 10th gen Manual TURBO ima

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
I like the trunk hinge covers.

PS: Want a little tip? Keep your hand on the shifter unless you have to make a sharp turn. :)

LX16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
Yeah it has 2 languages, but i can't read Chinese well enough unfortunately, so the very first thing i did was switching to english. The language selection is right on the alert message at startup!
You live in China, but you can't speak Chinese that well? I guess that's no different than alot of people not knowing English, yet they live in the US.

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You live in China, but you can't speak Chinese that well? I guess that's no different than alot of people not knowing English, yet they live in the US.
I said I can't read. It's really hard to find the time to memorize thousands and thousands of charachters :(
Sponsored