Manual Transmission

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
The EX-T has brake assisted vectoring which will help limit some wheel slip. But response is a bit slower. And it won't hold a candle to the Si's LSD/vectoring combo.

If your paying 25k ? I say go for the WRX that waxes both your choices.. Awd and an awesome kick ass launch. I'm starting to realize I want more power but the TypeR is a big too much $$$
Performance is there. Engagement and refinement... not so much. The car is a bit punishing to drive daily with a non-linear clutch, touchy throttle, vague shifter, and inconsistent ECU that constantly pulls timing. Fun car to drive hard and/or short distances. But depending on priorities, it can be a tough car to live with daily.

My perspective may be a little different coming from a 300+ HP platform. But in my experience, the "performance novelty" wears off after a few weeks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
A stock WRX is boring. The mod bug is strong. I had a 2002 (clubwrx forum member) which was tuned to 300whp. Sold to my brother who now has it tuned to 440whp. Still on the stock block with 170k miles. Sunk a ton of money and time into it. No longer have the time to devote. The Civic for me is the responsible choice. Enough performance stock to make me smile yet capable of averaging 42mpg. The Hondata +6 flash really wakes the car up.