Manual Transmission Missing Bolt/Oil Leak?

OP
OP
Zed

Zed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6MT FK7 (Sold), 991.2 Carrera S, 3rd Gen Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, the dealer told me there's nothing to worry about, despite the top and bottom of the trans being covered in MTF. I don't think the box is overfilled, since removing the check bolt did not yield any excess fluid. Furthermore, I don't believe that the amount of oil could be expelled from the breather valve in the first place. Not really sure what to do at this point.

Also, I noticed the leak before I did the MTF change myself, in other words, the leak was present even with the factory fill of MTF.
Sponsored

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I suppose at this point, as long as the transmission functions properly after the service diagnostics, you can continue driving the car without worry that something is wrong. It seems like the issue is something very specific.

If you want some additional expert advice beyond the service shop, try reaching out to this YouTube member: https://www.youtube.com/user/GearWorldTV

This member might be able to provide you some things to check to narrow this inconvenience.

C20H40

First Name
C2040
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
Hi, I had leaking oil issue on my new 2019 10gen civic 6 speed manual. At first oil change at 4000kms the underside of gearbox was oily making me believe it was gear box seal. Took it to dealer and they said it was assembly lube which I never believed. They just cleaned it. We drained the transmission oil it was about 2.5litres which means transmission wasnt leaking. At next oil change I saw the underneath of gearbox again covered in oil and the starter motor and mounts and top of the gearbox and clutch. I thought its a leak on top like another member here mentioned. I inspected over closely and the top most oily part was the engine cover side near the firewall then the injector area all the way to the right side where it covered the starter motor and the top of the gearbox and clutch and flowing all the way down. I cleaned all the oil and tightened the bolts on plastic engine cover. I've driven the car for 2000kms and everything else is clean except that the sides of engine cover are starting to pool oil again. So in my case the engine cover gasket is leaking but tightening the bolts reduced the leak. Perhaps other having the same problem may need to self diagnose the issue. Hope this helps someone.
Cheers!
Sponsored