First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just throwing the question out there if or what is different between an Si and Non Si 6 speed transmission. ( Type R im sure is in a field of its own and pricepoint ) feel free to get all technical or vague as you'd like. I'm aware the clutches are likely not up to par for the regularly spirited driving i'm sure alot of us do. but im curious how much more is different if any at all.
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Si has a helical limited slip differential, non Si has a standard open diff.

2020+ Si has a slightly different final drive ratio to all non Si and 2016-2019 Si.

That's the only difference, everything else is identical. Axles are splined a bit differently between the two diff types but that's external to the trans.

mrburgerUS

First Name
Nicholai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Si Swap
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Si has a helical limited slip differential, non Si has a standard open diff.

2020+ Si has a slightly different final drive ratio to all non Si and 2016-2019 Si.

That's the only difference, everything else is identical. Axles are splined a bit differently between the two diff types but that's external to the trans.
This man speaks the truth. If you do a parts deep-dive with interchange, the half-shaft and driver axle are the only changes needed to accomodate an Si transmission in a Sport Hatch. I believe one member even completed this swap already! I am in progress currently, but I will likely also buy an MFactory at some point too.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This man speaks the truth. If you do a parts deep-dive with interchange, the half-shaft and driver axle are the only changes needed to accomodate an Si transmission in a Sport Hatch. I believe one member even completed this swap already! I am in progress currently, but I will likely also buy an MFactory at some point too.
Depends on how cheap you can find the Si trans and axles vs. buying an aftermarket LSD to make the swap worth it.

I was quoted about 1900 CAD for a 2020 Si trans, and would need the axle/half shaft as well. I didn't want the new final drive anyway, plus I was able to get a much better aftermarket LSD (Wavetrac) for about 1600 CAD.

mrburgerUS

First Name
Nicholai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Si Swap
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Depends on how cheap you can find the Si trans and axles vs. buying an aftermarket LSD to make the swap worth it.

I was quoted about 1900 CAD for a 2020 Si trans, and would need the axle/half shaft as well. I didn't want the new final drive anyway, plus I was able to get a much better aftermarket LSD (Wavetrac) for about 1600 CAD.
That’s dope! let me know how the Wavetrac performs. I’m feeling a bit impatient currently, and I have a job to support a little side spending. MFactory seemed nice, but if the Wavetrac is good enough, you should definitely write a review

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That’s dope! let me know how the Wavetrac performs. I’m feeling a bit impatient currently, and I have a job to support a little side spending. MFactory seemed nice, but if the Wavetrac is good enough, you should definitely write a review
Definitely will! My engine build is still not finished, COVID + machine shop delays etc. have fucked everything up. The Wavetrac was a bit more than the MFactory I think, but it was in stock and when I was buying it I (foolishly) thought it would be going in immediately - so I picked the faster option haha.
Sponsored