Manual door lock not responding/working

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Hi all,

It's been a while since I've been active here--mostly due to me getting my first bike and toying around with it alot.

Anywho, anyone have/had any issues with the drivers side lock to not engage/disengage when you insert the key in there (using the spare key inside the key fob). I just noticed this after 26k miles...or maybe it just suddenly stopped working.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Hi all,

It's been a while since I've been active here--mostly due to me getting my first bike and toying around with it alot.

Anywho, anyone have/had any issues with the drivers side lock to not engage/disengage when you insert the key in there (using the spare key inside the key fob). I just noticed this after 26k miles...or maybe it just suddenly stopped working.

Thoughts?
There was at least one thread where a users lock wouldn’t work with their key when their car battery died. Turns out the mechanical linkage wasn’t assembled correctly so it would have never worked. I actually tested mine this afternoon by pulling the fuse to the drivers side door lock to make sure mine would work in that situation.

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
There was at least one thread where a users lock wouldn’t work with their key when their car battery died. Turns out the mechanical linkage wasn’t assembled correctly so it would have never worked. I actually tested mine this afternoon by pulling the fuse to the drivers side door lock to make sure mine would work in that situation.
Update:
Dealer inspected and found key cylinder disengaged to door lock, adjusted and all is back to normal. Not sure how that happened though...
Sponsored