MANUAL CARS...RAISED IDLE RPM

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
Engine vibrations will happen, as the OP said, it's a byproduct of your motor mount. My hasport does the same thing around 1700rpms, no way to make it go away other than changing your driving habits. Don't shift until you know the engine won't fall in that rpm range. I did raise my idle speed to 750 from 720 when fully warmed up and it doesn't shake the car at idle with AC on anymore. There is still the vibration at 900-1000rpm but I sometimes let the car idle for a while so I'm not raising it over that. But, that 30 rpm made a bit difference on vibrations and you can't hear the difference in engine speed so double bonus.
My idle is at 900 and feels great with no a/c movement hardly.

Im currently playing about with boost by gear to see what causes more cabin vibration and Ive noticed more in 1st and 2nd gear where its set from 1.95-2.1 bar and 2.1-2.2 bar it takes more rev to get off the line and upto speed so reducing boost makes it worse low down for vibration so i will be leaving BBG as stock figures however by lowering 1st and 2nd gear it definatly makes 3rd and 4th feel more powerful and responsive so it is a catch 22.

I know i wont get rid of all vibrations im more doing this for my driving style and making it custom for me :)
Sponsored