First Name
DerekZoolander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hey everyone,

Does a tuned or modded vehicle need to be maintained at quicker intervals than the MM specifies? If so, how frequent do we go? Are there any specific differences other than frequency?

Any tips are appreciated, thanks!
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think it depends on how hard you run the car, but that would also apply to untuned. In the end it's all up to your own preference. Check the oil and fluids every day or every few days if you are worried about it.

OP
OP
EastBayCivic

EastBayCivic

First Name
DerekZoolander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
I think it depends on how hard you run the car, but that would also apply to untuned. In the end it's all up to your own preference. Check the oil and fluids every day or every few days if you are worried about it.
I would say I'm driving pretty much the same as before. Sounds like I may not need to do much different. Maybe I'll change oil a little early at 20% instead of 10%-15%.

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I would say I'm driving pretty much the same as before. Sounds like I may not need to do much different. Maybe I'll change oil a little early at 20% instead of 10%-15%.
Yeah, it really depends on preference but I’d change every 5k miles. I push it like once every week/two and I also drive pretty close/far distance between two guesstimated from 50/400 miles a week rather if I go out of town or not. My intervals are as followed, 5k(oil&filter)/10k(oil&filter)/15k(oil&filter&transmission&coolant). Then start over at 20k etc.. I’m currently at 11k.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im changing mine every 4500 miles no matter what. Im tuned and drive a lot. I also switching to 5w-30 bc the 0-20 i like water when it comes out. A couple tuners and Eman have both said they do it.

OP
OP
EastBayCivic

EastBayCivic

First Name
DerekZoolander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Im changing mine every 4500 miles no matter what. Im tuned and drive a lot. I also switching to 5w-30 bc the 0-20 i like water when it comes out. A couple tuners and Eman have both said they do it.
Is that oil something you have to specifically ask for when you get it changed? So far I have just had the free oil change.

It took forever for the MM to call for that first one too, I think I went close to 8k miles. Probably because I drove almost all highway miles for work.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is that oil something you have to specifically ask for when you get it changed? So far I have just had the free oil change.

It took forever for the MM to call for that first one too, I think I went close to 8k miles. Probably because I drove almost all highway miles for work.
I dont do dealer oil changes anymore. Once I got my 2 free oil changes I went to a place I always go for non dealer stuff. I ask my little shop to do it though.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Flashed since 3k miles, first oil change at 7800 miles with 15% on MM. Second oil change at 15.3k miles. I check the dipstick once a month. My daily commute is about 80 miles per day 5 days a week. The only time I visit a "stealership" is for TSB work. I watch my knock, MAP, ECT,AFR with tunerview fairly often. Since applying the TSP Stage 1 tune I've had a harder time staying below 2k rpms and as a result my mpg has dipped from an average of 40mpg to around 36mpg. The smiles per gallon almost make up for it, sometimes.

To the OP, I intend to follow the regular scheduled intervals for maintenance, I just use garages I trust to have the work done instead of taking my chances with a stealership.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Flashed since 3k miles, first oil change at 7800 miles with 15% on MM. Second oil change at 15.3k miles. I check the dipstick once a month. My daily commute is about 80 miles per day 5 days a week. The only time I visit a "stealership" is for TSB work. I watch my knock, MAP, ECT,AFR with tunerview fairly often. Since applying the TSP Stage 1 tune I've had a harder time staying below 2k rpms and as a result my mpg has dipped from an average of 40mpg to around 36mpg. The smiles per gallon almost make up for it, sometimes.

To the OP, I intend to follow the regular scheduled intervals for maintenance, I just use garages I trust to have the work done instead of taking my chances with a stealership.
What kind of oil do you use kind sir?