First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks ok! Couple things, but for the right price it might be a pretty decent deal. I'd just check and make sure the paint in intact on those spots on the passenger door to ensure you don't get rust to form. You can decide to live with it... get it fixed at a body shop, or bide your time and just swap the whole door off from a junker for cheap when our cars start making it there that's the same color and hope the paint on it and yours has aged pretty evenly. I saw the little scuff on the bumper. It's plastic though and I'd just touch it up with a paint pen. Just don't want exposed metal from any damaged paint to rust.

Fingers crossed for you.

OP
OP
minimalistix

minimalistix

First Name
Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Thanks Charles, i'll keep that in mind.

I'll keep you posted when it gets here.

Thanks

Wilson,

ShaRm3064

First Name
Sharmilan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda CIvic Type R #3064 Crystal Black Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also, if the maintence is similar to the k20c1. You will have to do spark plugs and adjust cam chains according to the owners manual. But then again this is from the Type R owners manual. It probably is the same for the L15 engines.

OP
OP
minimalistix

minimalistix

First Name
Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Hey @charleswrivers ,

The car is here, remember the detail of the door and rear bumper, they look less deep than it looked in the video i sent you earlier. as for the health of the car, my mechanic (well respected Honda technician), i only need to do Oil, Filters (Oil, Engine, Cabin), spark plugs, and the breaks are at 60%.

Its also worth mentioning that i was able to contact the original owner as a copy of the title came attached to the BL (Bill of Landing) receipt, a google search with the name and address and voila!, sent an email and bingo. The fun fact, the owner was also from the DR. I asked him about the maintenance schedule, and mileage, he confirmed what we suspected, he did maintenance by himself every 3000 miles, used Mobil 1 0w20 full synthetic Oil and he worked in New York, being from Norwalk, Connecticut, those miles are mostly highway.

Going to do the maintenance this week,

Here;s a couple pictures i've taken with casually with my phone.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ohA3HEug11JjSKFJ8

Finally, Thanks you everyone that stopped by this thread to share some of your knowledge.

Have a good one!

Wilson,

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey @charleswrivers ,

The car is here, remember the detail of the door and rear bumper, they look less deep than it looked in the video i sent you earlier. as for the health of the car, my mechanic (well respected Honda technician), i only need to do Oil, Filters (Oil, Engine, Cabin), spark plugs, and the breaks are at 60%.

Its also worth mentioning that i was able to contact the original owner as a copy of the title came attached to the BL (Bill of Landing) receipt, a google search with the name and address and voila!, sent an email and bingo. The fun fact, the owner was also from the DR. I asked him about the maintenance schedule, and mileage, he confirmed what we suspected, he did maintenance by himself every 3000 miles, used Mobil 1 0w20 full synthetic Oil and he worked in New York, being from Norwalk, Connecticut, those miles are mostly highway.

Going to do the maintenance this week,

Here;s a couple pictures i've taken with casually with my phone.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ohA3HEug11JjSKFJ8

Finally, Thanks you everyone that stopped by this thread to share some of your knowledge.

Have a good one!

Wilson,
I didn't see the CVT fluid in there... but if you know it was done, you're good to go. If there's any doubt, I'll get that done still. It sounds like you got a well maintained car for a good price. Good luck to you and enjoy your new ride.

OP
OP
minimalistix

minimalistix

First Name
Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
TH
I didn't see the CVT fluid in there... but if you know it was done, you're good to go. If there's any doubt, I'll get that done still. It sounds like you got a well maintained car for a good price. Good luck to you and enjoy your new ride.
Thanks Charles! (Specially for all the help) :)

Wilson,
Sponsored