Charley-TX

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Synthetic oil, city stop and go driving 5-600K miles, hwy 10,000 miles.
Your maintenance reminder should be pretty close to those numbers.
no one should use conventional dyno juice anymore. Synthetic oils are so good and cheap these days.
the maintenance reminder in our bmw 328 often goes up to 15,000, I never let it go over 10,000 before changeing.

If your master techs recommend oil change at 3000-3500 miles with synthetic oil, they must be getting a kickback on "upsale" :)
Sponsored

mathdydx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
People are funny - thanks for the important life lesson Mr Messageboard

(Seriously, thank you all who actually were helpful. Wasn’t sure if I missed anything ... I deeply apologize to all of you and your loved ones for the damage I’ve done with this thread.)
I think what some of the other members were trying to point out is that you probably could've found the answer to your question by researching the forum first before posting. Now if you had already researched the forum and still didn't find the answer to your question, that would be one thing. But because there are numerous threads here about maintenance minder/when to change the oil, you would've found the answer on your own.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It time for the definitive answer to the age old question "when do I change my oil?"...

There's only two answers/options:

1. Change it when the maintenance minder tells you to... or
2. Change it when you damn well please.

Now that I've cleared things up, time to talk about something else like MPG's. :drive::spaz:

megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring SGP
Country flag
If you really care about your engine and don’t want to “guess” about the health of your oil and possibly save $ then take a sample of your oil and get it analyzed. An analysis will tell you what parts have wear and tear and how bad it is and will tell you the health of your oil.

EduMtl

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 SI Sedan, Civic 2009 DXG Coupe
Hello. My dealer gives always a service booklet recommending maintenance A/B every 4 months. This includes oil change. I choose to go and change oil when the reminder indicator in the car shows up with < 15 or 10%. I see this is the general recomendation in this thread. Is there any serious reason I should follow the dealer's 4 months schedule for maintenance? Is it ok changing oil when the remainder indication is on? Any other maintenance is recommended in a new car? How frequently? Thanks.
Sponsored