Maintenance Minder Not Clearing

lyndean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
I rolled 1000 miles over the weekend, and when I did the maintenance minder popped up with code A which means to change the oil. I didn't think I could clear the message myself so I took it to the dealer. They walked me through clearing the message through the settings menu, but it didn't clear. Instead it changed to code B. We never could get that to clear. I didn't have my phone connected at the time so HondaLink wouldn't connect. Tried connecting my phone but never could get HondaLink to connect. Had things to do today, so couldn't leave the car at the dealer. Brought the car home and connected to my wifi at home, but HondaLink is saying is saying it can't authenticate. However, the maintenance code cleared when I tried it at home, but now it's showing the A code again and it won't clear.

Anyone else's maintenance minder pop up at 1000 miles, and if so, we're you able to clear it? The dealer is going to research it, and if it hasn't cleared itself by next week, I'll take it back.
Sponsored

BraveNewCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I rolled 1000 miles over the weekend, and when I did the maintenance minder popped up with code A which means to change the oil. I didn't think I could clear the message myself so I took it to the dealer. They walked me through clearing the message through the settings menu, but it didn't clear. Instead it changed to code B. We never could get that to clear. I didn't have my phone connected at the time so HondaLink wouldn't connect. Tried connecting my phone but never could get HondaLink to connect. Had things to do today, so couldn't leave the car at the dealer. Brought the car home and connected to my wifi at home, but HondaLink is saying is saying it can't authenticate. However, the maintenance code cleared when I tried it at home, but now it's showing the A code again and it won't clear.

Anyone else's maintenance minder pop up at 1000 miles, and if so, we're you able to clear it? The dealer is going to research it, and if it hasn't cleared itself by next week, I'll take it back.
Mines came up also. I have not been able to clear it :(

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
Interesting to know that if you clear A in the settings on the infotainment tablet head unit, B pops up. I've not read of that before. Sounds like it's just more glitches... no one has succeeded in getting minder A to clear.
Sponsored