First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From the googling that I did Service 9 is only in the Canadian schedule.

So either Honda thinks they can get more money out of Canadians or its because in Canada there is higher chance roads are salted. Kinda like Netflix banned password sharing for Canadians but not Americans. However in Michigan, New York, etc. they salt a lot as well.

I think Mazda has this service as well, so other manufacturers also do it.

I'm kinda on the fence about it. The roads are salted here but this service comes up basically every year, maybe even more often for me since I drive a lot. It is nice to do so your brakes don't seize, but very expensive. If you skip it 3 times you basically saved enough for brakes for one axle.
There’s more than the dollar cost to weigh in... I’m an owner, not a dealer employee or service tech.
It’s rather alarming to feel how much more responsive your brakes are after this service, as in how much quicker and harder they bite and slow the car down after having the brake cleaning performed.
It’s an indication of how much brake drag I had gotten accustomed to without realizing it.
There is definitely an increase in rotor and pad longevity when this service is performed.
It’s you money to spend… or not.
YMMV.
Sponsored