Maintenance Minder: Dealership Suggestion in Toronto?

civic_ex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX
I got a message on my centre display for "A 1 9" .

A is oil change
1 is tire rotation
9 is brake service and bunch of other stuff

Called my service department in Mississauga and they gave me a total price of $268. This price includes tire rotation. So i tell them if you are going to service my brake why charge me extra for tire rotation? Their answer is "we can't waive that". So basically, they want to charge me $37.88 to move 4 tires within 4m square area.

Does anyone in Toronto area know of a dealership that would not follow their price list and use some common sense?

Thanks
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Other than specific dealer "service specials", you'll be looking at the same thing anywhere.

That said, feel free to decline service 9, and do them yourself at home. Tire rotation can be done at any tire shop for around $50. You can "inspect" everything yourself at home. I waived all my non-oil services, and "diy'ed" them at home, until I hit ~30k kms, at which point I paid the $268 for the full inspection and service, for peace of mind and documented warranty purpose work.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Brake Service. I have never heard of this until my coworker ask me about it.

He spent $175 for what?

My CivicX is my 5th purchase and including my other daily driver the Murano I have never got this done nor had any problems with my brakes including my two previous.

Having said that I did inspect them and lube what's necessary I just figured this was common sense. Like cleaning the Rotors when rotating or changing to winters. Again just didn't know the term "Brake Service."

Dealerships never see me unless I need recalls, warranty or I'm buying parts.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As for recommendation, try Family Honda in Brampton.

If not try b-line mechanics in Mississauga.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Double post. My bad.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
One day you're gonna have some issue 500 kms past your warranty coverage, and your dealership will deny you any good will repairs on the premise that you've never serviced with them.

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes S63 Cabriolet
I got a call from dealer couple weeks ago they told me fogot what the MM told me, I should have my oil changed at 8000km. Should I listen to that?

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I got a call from dealer couple weeks ago they told me fogot what the MM told me, I should have my oil changed at 8000km. Should I listen to that?
I only had my oil changed at 9000 kms and I had winter tires on when I did my service so the advisor just said fuck it to the rotation.

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I only had my oil changed at 9000 kms and I had winter tires on when I did my service so the advisor just said fuck it to the rotation.
Which dealer you usually do your service at? I bought my car in Calgary too. They rotate the tires for free for me when I get my brakes done at 5000km, should I wait for the Maintaince Minder told goes down to 15%?

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Which dealer you usually do your service at? I bought my car in Calgary too. They rotate the tires for free for me when I get my brakes done at 5000km, should I wait for the Maintaince Minder told goes down to 15%?
Okotoks Honda, where I bought my car. Don't waste your time at inner city dealers. Airdrie Honda is my go to for parts though. I'll wait for the MM, although I might do an oil change sooner since my driving habits only make me service once a year in February, so I might change it because going in when the car is soggy and cold isn't something I like.

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okotoks Honda, where I bought my car. Don't waste your time at inner city dealers. Airdrie Honda is my go to for parts though. I'll wait for the MM, although I might do an oil change sooner since my driving habits only make me service once a year in February, so I might change it because going in when the car is soggy and cold isn't something I like.
Sounds great I will get my next oil change done in that dealership too since I spend my weekend in Calgary all the time. I have 7000km on clock now, 2 months old car...... maintaince minder told me I still have 50% oil life left, pretty weird.. I think I need some thicker oil for winter

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Sounds great I will get my next oil change done in that dealership too since I spend my weekend in Calgary all the time. I have 7000km on clock now, 2 months old car...... maintaince minder told me I still have 50% oil life left, pretty weird.. I think I need some thicker oil for winter
I don't know what's with you and your MM being funny, especially considering your driving habits, but I'm at 70% with 12000 kms on the clock so I'm dead on the money.

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know what's with you and your MM being funny, especially considering your driving habits, but I'm at 70% with 12000 kms on the clock so I'm dead on the money.
My MM stay at 50% since 5500km.... it was drop 10% every 1000 km before.. Is that this little motor really like high revs just like other Hondas?.....

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@civic_ex I would skip on the tire rotation and do it yourself if you have the tools. But yea, that looks like a B1 service. At my dealership, it's $229 plus tax so, $262. I get it serviced at my home dealer during the warranty period to avoid any hassle if I needed anything under warranty.

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also, learn how to change your engine and cabin air filters. Easiest $40 you'll save.
Most dealers can give you 10% off parts right off the bat. If not, Toronto Honda can give you 15% if you ask nicely.
Sponsored