Maintenance Minder Code 3 (replace transmission fluid)

HondasRun4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
I have a 2017 Civic EX-T coupe (1.5 turbo, CVT). Two different Honda dealership service managers told me I should see the Maintenance Minder code 3 (replace transmission fluid) at around 40,000 miles. I now have 41,000 miles, and I haven't seen code 3 yet. Is this normal? Anyone with the same model, when did code 3 appear for you?
Sponsored

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
MM3 - MTF should be changed every 95k (59k-ish mi) while MM3 - CVT/ATF should be changed every 30k (18.6k-ish mi) both depending on driving habits

OP
OP
HondasRun4ever

HondasRun4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
MM3 - MTF should be changed every 95k (59k-ish mi) while MM3 - CVT/ATF should be changed every 30k (18.6k-ish mi) both depending on driving habits
What's your source for that information? My owner's manual doesn't give specific service intervals. It basically just says to obey the Maintenance Minder. The Servicer Manager at 2 different Honda dealerships told me 40,000 miles, not 30,000.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
What's your source for that information? My owner's manual doesn't give specific service intervals. It basically just says to obey the Maintenance Minder. The Servicer Manager at 2 different Honda dealerships told me 40,000 miles, not 30,000.
I work for Honda, that's my source lol and I gave you in KM cus I'm Canadian

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Wait a minute. CVT fluid every 18,600 miles? While that may be smart for severe service and longevity, no way that's any sort of official Honda number.

OP, from the 5+ years I've been here, it seems like the CVT fluid MM code doesn't pop up for most 'til 40-ish thousand miles. If I was you, I'd just go ahead and change it now, MM pop up or not.

Last edited:

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Wait a minute. CVT fluid every 18,600 miles? While that may be smart for severe service, no way that's any sort of official Honda number.
MM3 pops up between 35k-55k km based on driving habits, intervals of every 45k-ish km. I did a quick math conversion and the miles might be off. I'd recommend waiting for the 3 to pop up to be on the safe side

OP
OP
HondasRun4ever

HondasRun4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
Wait a minute. CVT fluid every 18,600 miles? While that may be smart for severe service and longevity, no way that's any sort of official Honda number.

OP, from the 5+ years I've been here, it seems like the CVT fluid MM code doesn't pop up for most 'til 40-ish thousand miles. If I was you, I'd just go ahead and change it now, MM pop up or not.
This agrees with what the 2 Honda Service Managers told me. They said, "around 40,000 miles." But in trying to find an official recommendation from Honda, I came across all kinds of ranges, so I didn't know who to believe. I think I'll just go ahead and change it. Better safe, than sorry.
Sponsored