Texchappy

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring in Aegean Blue, 2008 MINI JCW convertible
Country flag
being retired and disabled, I no longer drive very many miles in a year. It is highly likely that my Civic won’t be to 15% or 5k miles before a year is up. Does the maintenance Minder take the time in effect or do I need to track the date myself?

From what I’ve read, it seems to be the latter.
Sponsored

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
being retired and disabled, I no longer drive very many miles in a year. It is highly likely that my Civic won’t be to 15% or 5k miles before a year is up. Does the maintenance Minder take the time in effect or do I need to track the date myself

You need to track it. But it depends on your driving patterns and whatnot. I hit 20% life at 2300 miles.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
being retired and disabled, I no longer drive very many miles in a year. It is highly likely that my Civic won’t be to 15% or 5k miles before a year is up. Does the maintenance Minder take the time in effect or do I need to track the date myself?

You need to keep track of the 1-year mark yourself. The owners manual says to change the oil when the MM hits 15%, or after 1 year, whichever comes first.

The MM considers time when calculating your oil life, but for some reason, they didn’t program it to automatically indicate that service is required if after 1 year the oil life is still greater than 15%.
Sponsored