First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So while I was playing around in my car trying to customize the screen, I went ahead and thought since the last oil changed was at 26,001 miles, I should go ahead and reset the MM. little did I know, it reset the oil life from 80% to 100%. Is this going to be an issue? I noticed it went from main code B to main code A but I didn’t touch the other codes except for the oil and oil filter changed and something else but I don’t know what to do now. How am I gonna figure out when to change my oil again?
Sponsored

Hajidub

Honda driver, vintage stereo enthusiast
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic YES
Country flag
Just subtract 20 from total, oil change at 35?

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you change the oil in these cars before it gets down to where it says " change now" which is 5 % on my mm, your wasting money.
I know you accidentally be reset it and can't tell now, but how much percentage was left when you changed it at 26,000 ?
It's different for everyone based on the way you drive, but mine needs(according to the mm) to be changed at just about 5,000 due to my super small trips.

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
So while I was playing around in my car trying to customize the screen, I went ahead and thought since the last oil changed was at 26,001 miles, I should go ahead and reset the MM. little did I know, it reset the oil life from 80% to 100%. Is this going to be an issue? I noticed it went from main code B to main code A but I didn’t touch the other codes except for the oil and oil filter changed and something else but I don’t know what to do now. How am I gonna figure out when to change my oil again?

just change your oil earlier for the next one, just $30 dyi, and rest it again.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
What did we do when no car had MM?
Having more gadgets on a car can be more of a nuisance than a utility if you cannot interpret them

The number of miles traveled before an oil change, no matter the car is not a mystery. I change to 6-7K miles.
I don't take care of MM for service.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
no your not, your being cautious...better earlier then too late,

you can't expect the MM to be 100% accurate (which is what you are doing)

the MM is only ESTIMATING the condition of the oil, it has no physical way of ACTUALLY knowing the condition of the oil,
Ok, whatever.
Sponsored