Maintenance Expectations w/ Difficulty

Soamazen23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicX EX
Country flag
I'm somewhat mystified by your recommendations. On my 2007 W203 C230, I stick with the recommended 13K mile intervals w/ oil changes & the engine is strong and consumes no oil @ 115K miles. My past smog checks show that the car still runs way cleaner than equivalent vehicles from that year. Ditto on all the other MB recommended intervals & maintenance items. Only issue I have with the car is that the A/C will occasionally turn itself on.

I have an EX as well, which has the NA 2.0 liter engine with multiport fuel injection. 3.5K mile oil changes not only seems excessive but wasteful, given that it doesn't have the issues that DI engines have. Do you have data you can share why this is beneficial (e.g. UOA)?
That Engine in that C class is a very good engine. That thing will last a long time if you take care of it. I had one with the newer chassis model yr 2008. I sold it with 147k. Really no big problems at all.

As far as changing the oil every 3500 is just a personal preference. Im pretty sure your honda will be just fine with the manufacturers recommendations. I'll use any excuse to work on my own car lol.
Sponsored

sngx1275

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic LX, 2016 Civic EXT
Country flag
.. 3.5K mile oil changes not only seems excessive but wasteful, given that it doesn't have the issues that DI engines have. Do you have data you can share why this is beneficial (e.g. UOA)?
I agree with you, but its not really that wasteful provided he does it responsibly which I assume he does as a MB tech. There is a HUGE industry based around used oil reuse, so its not like that oil is just being dumped away and not being reclaimed in some form.