First Name
Masoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
Hello everyone

I am a Honda Civic X 2019 owner, in Europe. I am bit confused about the maintainance minder. I know that it schedules your maintainance real time, depending on driving pattern, etc, and alternates between A and B

Strangely after I did my first service A, the schedule for service B was showing up in 90 days, which I find is bit too close. This technically means that if the offset persists after I do my service B, then I am looking at 2 service per year

I am wondering if other CivicX owners are in a similar ballpark in terms of service A and B ?

I have also attached the picture of service interval readings from the computer - before service A was carried out, and other one is from a week back!

Honda Civic 10th gen Maintainance minder intervals IMG_20210302_005620
Sponsored

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It is your first car ? I guess
Car maintenance is not a rocket science
B maintenance can't be 90 days after A service. You do some mistake somewhere...

IMO, B maintenance ( except oil change at each 10,000 kms) is a waste of money and time before 10,000 kms for tire rotation you can do yourself .
Other inspection, not before 40,000 kms

“A”
Replace engine oil using only Honda Genuine 0W20 engine oil. If the message “Service” does not display after 12 months after being reset, change the engine oil every year.

“B/B1”

• Replace engine oil and filter.
  • Rotate tires, inspect for wear and adjust for pressure.
  • Service front and rear brakes.
  • Inspect parking brake adjustments.
  • Inspect tie rod ends, steering gearbox and boots.
  • Inspect suspension components.
  • Inspect drive shaft boots.
  • Inspect brake hoses and lines, including ABS/VSA
  • Check all fluid levels, condition of fluids and check for leaks.
  • Inspect exhaust system.
https://www.orangevillehonda.com/faq/service-and-parts/maintenance-schedule/

OP
OP

masoomk87

First Name
Masoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
It appears that the items within Service A / B, are bit different in Europe. For example, service "A" here is Sweden includes oil and oil filter change, compared to B/B1 shown in your picture

I have tried to contact Honda Europe to see if they can respond to this question. By the way my Service A was done at 13500 km, and now at 15300 km, I get 40 days to next service (which I assume must be B)

@latole : So as per your service, you get service B every 40,000 km. Is that right ?

I wonder how is it for the other users, the km / days interval between service A and B

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
: So as per your service, you get service B every 40,000 km. Is that right ?
I did not follow or look at Maintenance Minder. I don't need a computer to tell me what to do.
Car maintenance is well know

OP
OP

masoomk87

First Name
Masoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
@latole : By not following maintainance minder intervals, i might risk loosing My warranty

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@latole : By not following maintainance minder intervals, i might risk loosing My warranty

I don't know in your country what is the lawabout warranty, I my country ( Canada ) no need to follow MM , just do the right maintenance to the car.

One thing , how to forget to rotate tires can void car warranty ?
Another ? How not doing brake service can void car warranty, brakes are not warranty

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
The problem is my Civic owner's manual does not have a maintenance schedule to follow, unlike every other car that I have owned. I've contacted Honda & was told just follow the MM. I have no way of knowing what to plan for, such as changing trans fluid. I'd rather not have the MM tell me some service is due when it's in the middle of winter & freezing outside when I could have been proactive & done the work before crappy weather arrived.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The problem is my Civic owner's manual does not have a maintenance schedule to follow, unlike every other car that I have owned. I've contacted Honda & was told just follow the MM. I have no way of knowing what to plan for, such as changing trans fluid. I'd rather not have the MM tell me some service is due when it's in the middle of winter & freezing outside when I could have been proactive & done the work before crappy weather arrived.

There is no needs schedule maintenace. Car maintenance are always the same for any car and new car need less maintenance.

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
Did you change oil without replacing the filter? I do my maintenance at minimum when MM says but it's always a full oil and filter change. Usually around 10-15k km based on driving style, climate and so on

OP
OP

masoomk87

First Name
Masoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
@ivanCivix Yes, in Sweden atleast, service A means oil and filter change. So that was carried out when I drove the car to the workshop, along with rear brake cleanup

Service "B" just includes a lot of checks on different components of the car
What is your service frequency between "A" and "B" ?

OP
OP

masoomk87

First Name
Masoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
I don't know in your country what is the lawabout warranty, I my country ( Canada ) no need to follow MM , just do the right maintenance to the car.

One thing , how to forget to rotate tires can void car warranty ?
Another ? How not doing brake service can void car warranty, brakes are not warranty
It was not about tires only. Service B includes quite a lot of checks, and I think some of them are on warranty items too. For example (coolant level, coolant leakage, brake fluid, servo system, etc.). So, I think it is reasonable to assume that if you get warranty on a part, you should follow OEMs service suggestions

I am not sure how are the rules in Sweden for not following service prescribed by the manufacturer. But I am pretty sure that my insurance company states that if you do not follow the service intervals then you dont get the coverage on replacables once your car warranty runs out

Civic_EU

First Name
Matus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB Sport, Volvo 940, couple of e36 BMW
Country flag
@ivanCivix Yes, in Sweden atleast, service A means oil and filter change. So that was carried out when I drove the car to the workshop, along with rear brake cleanup

If ist new car, the first oil change is sooner, you sad 13k+- for your (i guess first ) oil, B minder is general check up on a car,it might be sooner first time around, as the new car settles in and all those important things as brakes, fluids etc must be checked….they will just inspect all those things on a list, Ive had 2 oil changes per year in warranty and during the second oil change they did B as well, here in shitsville slovakia, it was like 10-20e extra for litterally cup of coolant and few drops of brakefluid etc... Now (out of warranty ) Iam doing oil twice a year too ( 20-30k km per year ) usually around 12k km, MM in car is very close to my schedule...

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
There is no needs schedule maintenace. Car maintenance are always the same for any car and new car need less maintenance.
Wrong -
My other car, also a 2018 model year, is different than any previous car I've owned. It has an oil life monitor but also has a maximum of 6 months or 6,000 miles between changes. And if it had a different engine it would be 12 months or 10,000 miles. Maintenance is not always the same.

OP
OP

masoomk87

First Name
Masoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
I have forwarded my question to Honda Sweden. They have forwarded it to the technical team, since the delaers could not give me a satisfactory response. Once I have answers from them, I will post it in the thread. Hopefully I get some good response from them

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag

It's the same here, the interval is 12-15k. The strange thing here is that your first code was A. Mine was B
Sponsored