cocoaraven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2018
Country flag
Here are the 7 major causes of car paint damage that you probably want to reduce as much as possible. (true for not only Honda Civic but other cars)
Insect bodies bump into the car
While small, insects may cause significant damage to car paint. The fluid in the bugs is usually highly acidic, so it needs to be washed quickly, or tiny stains can get deeper into the paint.
Therefore, do not leave the insect body stains on the car for too long, since the longer the stains linger, the harder it is to extract them. According to car care experts, only use a small amount of soft tissue and brush cleaning solution to remove the insect body.
Gasoline spill
In the event that the gasoline is spilled without being cleaned in time, the spilled fuel will easily enter the paint and damage the gloss finish as well as the stains that are difficult to remove.
So, if you spill oil, you'll need to immediately get a clean, soft towel along with a bit of polishing wax to cover the beautiful coat of your car.
Bird excrement
Bird drops will corrode the surface of glossy car paint. In reality, birds usually eat berries and seeds or even soft rock gravel, making their excrement acidic and able to corrode, scrape and lose the shine of the glossy coat.
Macadam
Crushed stones or gravel may bump into the sides of the car on the street. These collisions will completely peel the paint, reduce its longevity and affect the consistency of the tire. One piece of advice from seasoned car experts is to deal with it as soon as possible in order to avoid rusting the peeled area.
Dirt washing equipment
Also when the towel or brush is soft and smooth, when it's dropped to the ground, it's hard to clean every effort you make. And if you keep using dirty stuff to clean your car, you're going to make nasty scratches.
If a towel or a brush is dropped and dirty, it's better to throw it away and use a new one.

So this is my first post in this forum. If there's something wrong pls comment below to let me know :D Thank you all!
Sponsored

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Also living in Florida the sun you have to keep a good coat of wax or sealant on your car. I’ve seen fairly new cars that have faded paint on them

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Very true Protection from the SUN is the most important part of keeping your car in good shape

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Driving on I-15 in SoCal! :p That alone will chip the shit out of your paint and windshield :p Nothing but trucks hauling dirt, sand, rocks... all over the road. No matter how careful you are it's coming at you one way or another :p

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
While the original post is interesting, the main cause of paint damage on the CivicX is the low quality, soft paint our cars get from the factory. I've never had a car chip so easily and that's saying a lot considering I bought my first new car in 1976.
Sponsored

Last edited: