Infamoustj

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 4dr, former 2015 Si 2dr owner
Country flag
So i got my hands on a magnaflow catback, very little info on it online, instructions are vague. Other owners ive talked to say there is no gasket between the catback and where it bolts up to the downpipe, but on a honda oem parts site it shows an o ring type gasket. I ordered one already because i know its most likely not resusable. Just want to be sure im doing it correct, dont like the idea of not using a gasket. Any advice or info would help, thanks
Sponsored

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
There is a metal ring gasket between the downpipe and front pipe, and it is reusable barring any damage.

You're right that there isn't a ton of information about the MagnaFlow exhaust, but it appears to be a typical "front-pipe-back" exhaust like most others for these cars. It connects to the front pipe and not the downpipe, so it will not use that metal ring gasket and instead will use a standard flat gasket cut into the shape and pattern of the triangular 3-bolt flange at that location. Any reputable brand will include any new gaskets required, and with a "name brand" like MagnaFlow I would be very surprised if it doesn't include such a necessary, low-cost item like a simple gasket. If for some reason it does not, your local parts store should have them.

There are some videos on YouTube that showcase the 10th gen Si MagnaFlow exhaust. Here are a few:
Rick's Garage (RV6 DP/FP + MagnaFlow overview and install)
Blue Si (startup and driveby sound)
KaidoMR (driveby sound)

The Rick's Garage video is definitely worth a watch. It's sped up but around 7:06 you can see him pick up and place a gasket for the inlet flange of the MagnaFlow. He noted that the MagnaFlow uses 409 stainless steel which isn't quite as good as 304 stainless but is still good.

In the sound clips, the MagnaFlow sounds pretty vicious and looks like a decent kit. Hope you enjoy your new exhaust!

Last edited: