Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Just wanted to share some sound clips with this exhaust I managed to get from Magnaflow for free through R&D. This is with the resonator on and I've since taken the resonator off and threw on a straight pipe and it's pretty loud. Will make another video with the straight pipe soon.

Sponsored

Last edited:

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Can barley hear anything, hope there are gains to be had to back up that ridiculous price tag. Otherwise, what’s the point? The only good I see with the catback is the possibility of pairing it with a front pipe and downpipe upgrade to see if it would make this motor sound any better.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
Their site says they only have a sedan exhaust model. I know the difference between the coupe and sedan exhausts is the length (coupe is roughly 6" shorter).
Si Sedan part: https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=19394

Did you get a coupe-specific exhaust? From what website?

CStew81

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Just wanted to share some sound clips. This is with the resonator on and I've since taken the resonator off and threw on a straight pipe and it's pretty loud. Will make another video with the straight pipe soon.

I have the same exhaust but waiting until a warm up to put it on. Was it loud enough and did you like the sound of it without the straight pipe?

OP
OP
Unibrow Tail Lights

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Can barley hear anything, hope there are gains to be had to back up that ridiculous price tag. Otherwise, what’s the point? The only good I see with the catback is the possibility of pairing it with a front pipe and downpipe upgrade to see if it would make this motor sound any better.
It was free anyways, just wanted to share the sound clip. In my experience it sounds x100000 times better than stock because I can actually hear something coming from the car when I push down the pedal. The pops and crackles are a big plus as well. Sounds more like a sports car and I sound like I'm driving faster than I really am. I would also say that my iPhone mic does capture the full sound of the exhaust. Much better in person.

Their site says they only have a sedan exhaust model. I know the difference between the coupe and sedan exhausts is the length (coupe is roughly 6" shorter).
Si Sedan part: https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=19394

Did you get a coupe-specific exhaust? From what website?
I actually drove up to Magnaflow so they could fit the exhaust they had for the 4-door for my 2-door, which is how I managed to get this exhaust. It is different in length and I'm not sure when they will have the coupe exhaust available for sell.

I have the same exhaust but waiting until a warm up to put it on. Was it loud enough and did you like the sound of it without the straight pipe?
If I didn't have the straight pipe I would be satisfied with the sound of the resonator in. Just being able to hear the car respond with a decent sound as you accelerate, and downshift is more than satisfying in my opinion. This Magnaflow exhaust gives you just that.

OP
OP
Unibrow Tail Lights

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Great write up Unibrow. I just pulled the trigger on the same exhaust for my coupe. Should be here in a couple of days hopefully. I ordered from http://www.hottexhaust.com/Magnaflow_19420, great company! Any tips for installation?
Thank you! I actually didn't install the exhaust, Magnaflow did everything for me. Im sorry I can't help out :p

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would love to hear this with a the resonator in with an aftermarket down pipe catted or catless. Hopefully someone will do it and post clips haha.
Sponsored